is there alimit to OemPnPDriversPath?

turbomcp

And also, direct folders (instead of sorted) help if you have too many drivers (beyond 4096 characters).

Instead of:

D
|-gfx
   |--intel
   |--nVidia
   |--ATi

You can have:

D
   |-intel
   |-nVidia
   |-ATi

But don't worry, it will take a lot of time before you fill up the 4096 chars space, and need to look for ways to accommodate more drivers. Unless you use this method for VERY big commercial establishments, (or if you use Bashrat's driverpacks, LOL :P). If you are using driver-packs from anywhere, prune the list to only have what you need to support - hardware which you know your users will never use, don't need to be supported. :)

And also, direct folders (instead of sorted) help if you have too many drivers (beyond 4096 characters).

Instead of:

D
|-gfx
   |--intel
   |--nVidia
   |--ATi

You can have:

D
   |-intel
   |-nVidia
   |-ATi

But don't worry, it will take a lot of time before you fill up the 4096 chars space, and need to look for ways to accommodate more drivers. Unless you use this method for VERY big commercial establishments, (or if you use Bashrat's driverpacks, LOL :P).  If you are using driver-packs from anywhere, prune the list to only have what you need to support - hardware which you know your users will never use, don't need to be supported. :)

This is also why I called all subfolders "1", "2", etc. to save space! And also why I had to add a list of where you can find which driver....

why not modify your .inf files ???

I place all my lan inf files in the root of (lets say) LAN and let the .inf files search for the right drivers in their subfolders.

only one section in your file need to be modified, works like a charm

example broadcom drivers

[sourceDisksNames]

1 = %DISK_DESC%,,,\BROADCOM_01

example winnt.sif

[unattended]

UnattendMode=ReadOnly

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

OemPnPDriversPath="install\drivers\storage;install\drivers\chipset;install\drivers\lan;install\drivers\flash;install\drivers\modem;install\drivers\sound;install\drivers\video"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch=yes

WaitForReboot=No

why not modify your .inf files ???

I place all my lan inf files in the root of (lets say) LAN and let the .inf files search for the right drivers in their subfolders.

only one section in your file need to be modified, works like a charm

WHQL won't work anymore! ;)

And sometimes that gives trouble...