SP Automatic Updates just won't go away

I've checked the forums, I've checked the unattended page, I've checked google and I've tried everything that has been suggested and I still keep getting the mini-setup window

winnt.sif

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=1
   MsDosInitiated=0
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"
   AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_sata\;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_graphics"
   DriverSigninPolicy=Ignore
   UnattendedSwitch=Yes

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=***
   EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes
   AutoLogon=Yes
   AutoLogonCount=1
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=35
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductID=***
   FullName=***
   OrgName=***
   ComputerName=***
[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1280
   YResolution=1024
   Vrefresh=85
   AutoConfirm=1
   ConfigureAtLogon=1

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=7,10,9,1

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=NJOE

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\Install\install.bat

Plus I keep getting the message about the screen resolution though I'm hoping that's b/c I'm using vmware so the drivers aren't being installed....

also I'm working on having programs setup after install with my install.bat

ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRAR v3.40 Beta 4
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\install\WinRAR\wrar340.exe /s"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRar Settings
REGEDIT /S "%systemdrive%\Install\WinRAR\Settings.reg"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing WhereIsIt v3.61
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\WhereIs\setup.exe /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL /LOADINF=%systemdrive%\install\WhereIs\whereset.inf"
ECHO Copying WhereIsIt License
Copy "%systemdrive%\Install\WhereIs\License\*" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\WhereIsIt\"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing SpyBot S&D v1.3
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\spybot\spybot.exe /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL /TASKBARHIDE /AUTOCLOSE"
ECHO Updating SpyBot
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autoclose"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing RealVNC v3.3.7
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\realvnc\realvnc.exe /SILENT /SP- /NORESTART"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing PuTTY v0.55
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\puTTY\putty.exe /SILENT /SP- /NORESTART"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Open Office v1.1.2
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\OOffice\setup.exe -r:%systemdrive%\Install\OOffice\setup.txt -debug"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Litestep
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Litestep\utilities\setshell.exe %systemdrive%\Litestep\litestep.exe"
ECHO Setting default Litestep theme
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "%systemdrive%\Litestep\utilities\LSThemeInstaller.exe /switch Tarran-Style"

But it just sits there at a command prompt... I thought it was supposed to run the command and then run the next one once it was finished....

ANY help at this point would be very much appreciated....

I think the resolution problem is because you have the line "ConfigureAtLogin=1"

My display code looks like this:

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1024
   YResolution=768
   Vrefresh=75

and I don't get any prompts. As for the Automatic Updates screen I can't get it to go away either. :(

I'll try changing that to 0... is there a ref.chm that includes that? I've checked the updated on here and the one in the deploy portion of a slipstreamed SP2 cd and neither shows configureatlogin or autoconfirm

No one has any helpful suggestions or maybe a tip that I missed? I really want to put together an unattended cd like I've been reading about but I still have those 3 (2 if the suggestion works, I'm waiting until I get at least one other thing fixed before making another iso to test out) problems keeping it from being completely unattended.

remove the quotes from:

AutomaticUpdates=yes

in your winnt.sif

remove these 2 from your winnt.sif

AutoConfirm=1

ConfigureAtLogon=1

and everything should work - PS vmware is causing your display to not be resized...I get it too, it stays at 640x480, even though xp is supposed to set itself at 800x600.

make sure you spell signing correctly - driversigningpolicy (forgot a g in there)

I've tried that before from other threads... I've used

AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates="yes"

AutomaticUpdates= "Yes"

AutomaticUpdates= "yes"

AutomaticUpdates=Yes

AutomaticUpdates=yes

AutomaticUpdates="1"

AutomaticUpdates=1

AutomaticUpdates= "1"

AutomaticUpdates= 1

and none of them make a difference... and in threads I've seen people have said that it's worked for them with the quotes and without the quotes...

does the order have anything to do with it?

and the language group should be right b/c I'm including some asian languages since some of the sites I check have characters like that so I want them to display properly. and I've removed those two lines... I found them in a couple of threads where people said that was why the resolution info was still coming up so that's why I added them... Also any suggestions for the bat file? am I not supposed to be using a bat file for this or something?

Since I kept updating the previous post I wanted to let you see this... with the language group did you mean that english should be first so that it uses that as the default? I haven't had any problems but I'm just wondering if that's what the problem you were mentioning was

alright... I've changed my pass to plaintext and set encrypt to no... could that be the reason the mini-setup screen kept showing up? (wondering if it's worth testing it out again if that problem could be fixed)

and for the .bat file did you mean I need to add a line to the bat file to get it to work?

Also, if you use encrypted admin password, autologon will not work, no matter how hard you try (its document in ref.chm under autologon), remove the \ after sata.  what is your OEM directory layout?

$OEM$/$1/drivers

then 000_sata, 001_network, 002_graphics

I don't have any special chipset drivers to install but I have some extra (not the drive the install is going to) drives that I'd like found by the install so I can access them after the install is done

and I removed the \.. thanks

I'll try that out... I think I remember seeing it in some other threads...

just a question though... why does it list it as unattended in the ref file? I mean microsoft would never be wrong... ever... :whistle: