Not quite Unattended

Is there any possibility to create "unattended" CD that fits to the next scenario ?

I want to create an unattended XPSP2 cd with lots of applications&drivers.

I also want to use this CD to make installations on different machines, not just mine.

So some applications should be installed unattended such as Acrobat Reader, antivirus, etc (I found explanations on how to do this at http://unattended.msfn.org/)

But here comes the difference. Since I want to use this unattended CD on different machines, some of them might not have CDRw or DVDRW so in the "unattended" when it reaches to the Nero installation I want to stop and ask me if I want to install it or not, not to blindly install it when I don't need it.

The same thing when I install on a computer without an Internet Connection. I want the unattended install to ask me if I want to install the firewall, the download manager, etc (software related to internet)

To make myself clear on what I want here is an example as I would like to be

Installing Flashget 1.4
[Y]es [N]o

If I press Y to go on with the installation, else skip the installation.

So anyone, any suggestions ?

Thanx

actually, ive thought about this...why not run a batch in cmdlines.txt that asks you to type the number of which runonceex.cmd to run...thats what im gonna do cuz I want to be able to use this at some friends houses and they dont use all the programs I do, like perl...

well, you make a batch file that prints a list on the screen...

1. blah runonce

2. blah2 runonce

3. blah 3 runonce

which one do you want to run? (1,2,3)

type 1 it runs blah's runonce

type 2 it runs blah2's runonce

(blah is just a name or computer name or type of install I just use it for lack of anything else)

and have 3 different runonceex.cmd's all named differently...like blah.cmd, blah2.cmd, blah3.cmd

I would actually write more of the code, but right now its only a thought and I dont wanna sit here and create it right now as Im testing my cd...tho I guess I could...I should have one made up later

I use wihu for that, gives me the opportunity to personalise the user, company, ect... to.

And choice of software.

Not fully unattended but very convenient

Nice to see you here visaversa :)

No that's not fully true ... it is fully unattended if you start it with /autoinstall=0. No user interaction is needed then.

Benjamin

I use wihu for that, gives me the opportunity to personalise the user, company, ect... to.

And choice of software.

Not fully unattended but very convenient

Nice to see you here visaversa :)

No that's not fully true ... it is fully unattended if you start it with /autoinstall=0. No user interaction is needed then.

Benjamin

True, i forgot this probably cose i don't use this feature.

Still is a time saver with aproc. 50 pc to install each month...

@evilvoice:

Your solution isn't quite convinient. I would like to have control over evry program that I install. Your sollution with different "packeges" of software it's not satisfying me completely.

@visaversa:

I'll try the program you told me about to see if it's really what I want.

As I said in the topic name, what I want it's not quite unattended .... :)

But most of the applications, I want to be installed unattended, but there are a few (let's say 4-5: Nero, Firewall, DownloadManager etc) that I want ot choose myself.

There's no point to install applications u really don't need. And as I said I want to make my unattended CD as general as possible (for comp with/without CD/DVDRW, with/without internet connection)

@evilvoice:

Your solution isn't quite convinient. I would like to have control over evry program that I install. Your sollution with different "packeges" of software it's not satisfying me completely.

@visaversa:

I'll try the program you told me about to see if it's really what I want.

any expirience yet, do you use it now?