How do you use SVCPACK.INF ?

funnyguy

not in XPCREATE. You can't define custom flags. However, it's easy to modify it.

Say DXSETUP.EXE /silent is what you're trying to run. THen in SVCPACK.INF with the other hotfix files, just type DXSETUP.EXE /silent and have DXSETUP and all neccesary files in the I386\SVCPACK directory (or whatever directory you specified in DOSNET.INF, by default with XPCREATE it's SVCPACK.INF)

If I remember correctly, XPCREATE compresses SVCPACK.INF. It's in the I386 directory as SVCPACK.IN_. You could just expand it (expand -r SVCPACK.IN_) and edit that. You might want to make a copy to work with. After your done with editing, you'll need to delete the old SVCPACK.IN_.

Wonder why it was deleted from Newfiles... Do you endup with the log file and DOSNET.INF?

Hmmm. Never thought about it, as SVCPACK.INF is kind of the heart and soul of XPCREATE. As suggested, you could expand, edit and compress the SVCPACK.IN_ file in I386 of the final output (CDROOT), and burn your CD from there. I would think you could also just place your compressed version in FILESCD\I386, and it will overwrite the XPCREATE version at the last moment.

Give it a go, but I'm afraid you are on your own on this one!

It is deleted, along with all the other files in NEWFILES at the begining of an XPCREATE run. Not that it matters: files are only placed into NEWFILES, never used from there. It is just a place you can look at the files that XPCREATE has modified: they are all moved there after XPCREATE completion.