Default Wallpaper

My XP SP2 cd installs the Royale theme by default because I modified the Luna.theme file and placed in in my $OEM$ directory. I also modified that Luna.theme so that it puts my AeroBliss wallpaper, but it doesnt work!

In short....

How do I get my XPSP2 cd to install a custom wallpaper by default?

The wallpaper is placed in my $OEM$>$$>Web>Wallpaper directory along with my other wallpapers. It copies my wallpaper to the directory, it just doesnt apply it.

I have tried to rename the wallpaper to bliss, I have even converted it from .jpg to .bmp and it still didnt work.

Add this to your registry tweaks

; Set the default wallpaper

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

"Wallpaper"="C:\\WINDOWS\\web\\wallpaper\\Filename.jpg"

"WallpaperStyle"="2"

"TileWallpaper"="0"

I have also found that sometimes you have to edit the .theme file to use the new background. Hope this helps!!

"WallpaperStyle"="2"

"TileWallpaper"="0"

I have also found that sometimes you have to edit the .theme file to use the new background.  Hope this helps!!

so where do you place that folder .

i have crap load of walls and i just want them to be installed on the hd from the xp cd and remove the old one's

You should have created a working Windows XP directory from which you make your unattended CD from. Inside of this directory place all wallpapers into the following directory: C:\WorkingXPDirectory\$OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper. All wallpapers inside of this directory will be installed during your unattended installation.

umm..... or you could take areobliss and rename it to bliss.jpg then modifyPE it and the makecab it so you get a wonderfull little file called bliss.jp_ then put that in your i386 folder and walla :) you can rename your royale files and trick xp into thinking that they are luna tha same way... this way you dont need to use $OEM$ theres acctually a whole topic on this b4 that i started... Here is the link to that.

• 4 weeks later...

"WallpaperStyle"="2"

"TileWallpaper"="0"

I have also found that sometimes you have to edit the .theme file to use the new background.  Hope this helps!!

I have one little question :)

I'm using this reg. tweak for Winlogon wallpaper and everything is OK, but, when i remove that wallpaper and set variable to none, the winlogon screen is on black color, instead of blue which is default color for the Windows Classic theme which I use.

I've been searching around in Display Properties, MSFN board search, Google :D but can't find in which registry key I must set default winlogon screen color (without wallpaper).

TIA! :)