New DirectX

wuschel

As of yet, the new directx 9.0 C as well as the latest 8 critical updates are not supported by Xpcreate. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I think Green Machine is probably working on getting them tested and included. I think most us jave that 9.0C redist pack. I just install it after my Unattanded completes, along with one or two other things I haven't gotten working through GUIRunOnce (Itouch and Soundmax). Peace for now.

Why does everyone assume people only use WinXP??

I use 2000 and 2003 myself. I have a XP system, but it's rarely used.....

As for adding it, I believe GM will have to change his DX routine as the Redist isn't silentable (the SDK is i believe) but it uses /silent and not /Q:A /R:N

Perhaps one will show up on the OEM site peopel coudl use.....

the dX9c redist uses the "extract and use switch" of "/silent" method. And if XPCREATE doesn't (as yet) support it, you can do it yourself from svcpack.inf.

@Alanoll-

yes, that's right - not everyone is on XP. Would you be kind enough to try answering the below? :)

@all

Now, my win2kSP4 uA setup installs dX9c and IE6SP1 from cmdlines.txt (made manually). Is that something you all are able to get functioning properly?

I saw that the IE setup coughed out a .DLL dialog, and the directX was fine (bcos it got installed first). I noticed, however, that moving IE6SP1 install to happen after a reboot after dX install solved that problem - I now have dX9c at cmdlines, and IE6SP1 at GUIrunonce. But has it *GOT* to be this way? Does anyone else have this issue?

Interesting. I haven't tried the both of them together yet. I really don't want to install IE6SP1 at GuiRunOnce. One part of my getting it working from SVCPACK.INF had to do with forcing a purge of RunOnceEx. It seems that SP4 puts some stuff there (I think it was SP4) that conflicted with 2KCREATE additions.

We'll soon see!

I am one of those non-XP people myself, using 2K3 server most of the time. However, with a combination of firewalls and care network behaviour, I manage to hold off on the latest updates, and have even been able to go over six months without a re-install. My key is not installing any software, and a secure IE.

@all

Now, my win2kSP4 uA setup installs dX9c and IE6SP1 from cmdlines.txt (made manually). Is that something you all are able to get functioning properly?

I saw that the IE setup coughed out a .DLL dialog, and the directX was fine (bcos it got installed first). I noticed, however, that moving IE6SP1 install to happen after a reboot after dX install solved that problem - I now have dX9c at cmdlines, and IE6SP1 at GUIrunonce. But has it *GOT* to be this way? Does anyone else have this issue?

Good question :) I haven't gotten around to updating my Win2k disc yet. lol. kinda busy.