Boot.ini Add line

I need to add a line to my boot.ini during setup. How can I do this. I'm I able to program something in vb and then make an exe and excute it during the install if so how can I write or can I use cmd?

thanks in advance

I've had that prob with batch scripts before, how I wanted to change the winnt.sif via batch. Only solution I coud find. Is Gzar. Allows you to change text, replace and whatever to inis, textfiles etc. Put it in your $OEM$\$$\System32 directory and use your batch to "GZAR Blah Blah Blah".

Would you explain more. I get that I donwload the file and send it to system32 but then what do I do? Like to I write

GZAR C:\boot.ini multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP DBS" /fastdetect /kernel=oemkrnl.exe

For Gzar is the program for C:\boot.ini is the file and for multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP DBS" /fastdetect /kernel=oemkrnl.exe is the line I need add

I can do a batch command to add to it. With Gsar

echo C:\boot.ini multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP DBS" /fastdetect /kernel=oemkrnl.exe>>c:\boot.ini

MCT I think that what I want but I have xp home. So I get an error saying that it doesn't know the command.

MHz Thanks for the help but I was wonder if any one could help me more.

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP DBS" /fastdetect /kernel=oemkrnl.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

This is my boot ini. I need to right to the boot.ini to tell it to change the timeout to 3 cause when you reinstall windows it's defualt is 30 and then I also need it to make DBS defualt. I want to do this automatically. So I all I have to do is right a cmd and tell RunOnceEx.cmd to run it

SED can be used to edit text files from the command line. Originally a UNIX utility, it is now available for use in a windows command line environment. Just download the zip file from the url below and extract the sed.exe file. Next, place the file in your %systemroot%\system32 directory and you should be good to go.

It may take a little practice to get the hang of this command's syntax, but once you do, you'll have a powerful and extremely handy new tool. :) If you get stuck, do a web search for sed tutorials or maybe sed syntax.

Here's the link:

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/UnxUtils.zip

Best of luck!

- Ravashaak