XPCREATED CD Not Unattended

ank

Essentially, I've created my first Unattended Disk using XPCreate. There were a few times that I wanted to ask for help, but after reading through the forums for a few days, I thought I had it all down. My newly created CD boots and loads properly, but does not seem to be UnAttended in any way. It just asks for F8 Eula and Cd Key etc. etc. like a normal disk. I'm guessing this is some stupid simple problem and that I'm an id***, but any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance, and if I ever do get this working, I think its a pretty **** awesome program. Thanks in advance for the help. I'l keep fiddling too. Just as a note, I am using a Corporate disk with SP1a and the Rollup Update slipped in, but from what I've read, that should affect XPCreate.

Winnt.sif: [cab attached]

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendedSwitch="yes"

FileSystem=*

Repartition=No

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ViaSata\SATA;Drivers\ViaSata;Drivers\ViaSata\PIde\Winxp;Drivers\ViaSata\SATA\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\Inf\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\IDEWinXP;Drivers\00_Via4in1\AGP;Drivers\02_WDM_3663\AD1980\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP;Drivers\03_USB2_257\USB2\winXP_SP1;Drivers\04_Keyboard\Disk1\Win2K_XP;Drivers\05_Mouse\Win2K_XP"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=4

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=Remvoed by Alanoll

FullName="Ananth N. Krishna"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=Zenadir

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1600

YResolution=1200

Vrefresh=85

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

Dialing=Tone

AreaCode=925

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=Ananth

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\batch1.cmd

XPCREATE.CAB

The WINNT.SIF file should be put in your FILESCD\I386 folder before you run xpcreate in order for it to work. When you initially start using XPCREATE, the FILESCD folder will _NOT_ have a I386 folder, you must make the folder, and put your WINNT.SIF in there.

Also make sure the file is named WINNT.SIF and didn't get renamed by notepad or other editor to WINNT.SIF.TXT :)

Hope that helps.

P.S. If that's really your CD-KEY in the above post, you should edit your post and remove it!

luckyy is on the money (Welcome to MSFN!).

WINNT.SIF in FILESCD\I386 seems to be the key: you need to create both the file and the directories.

Also, the file I need to see is LOGFILES.CAB, from the NEWFILES directory, not my own XPCREATE.CAB!

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

Yeah. I had the winnt.sif setup correctly, but as it turns out I had reformatted a few days ago and forgotten to change the Hide Extensions option in Folder Options. it was named .sif.txt. Changing that seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks so much for the quick response. This is exactly what a forum should be. One other question, which I am sure should actually belong in the MSFN Unattended Forum. Am I supposed to set

UnAttendedSwitch= Yes

or

UnattendedSwitch = "yes"

Because I have seen both in examples. Thanks in advance.

Essentially, I've created my first Unattended Disk using XPCreate.  There were a few times that I wanted to ask for help, but after reading through the forums for a few days, I thought I had it all down.  My newly created CD boots and loads properly, but does not seem to be UnAttended in any way.  It just asks for F8 Eula and Cd Key etc. etc. like a normal disk.  I'm guessing this is some stupid simple problem and that I'm an id***, but any help would be very greatly appreciated.  Thanks a bunch in advance, and if I ever do get this working, I think its a pretty **** awesome program. Thanks in advance for the help.  I'l keep fiddling too.  Just as a note, I am using a Corporate disk with SP1a and the Rollup Update slipped in, but from what I've read, that should affect XPCreate. 

Winnt.sif: [cab attached]

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendedSwitch="yes"

FileSystem=*

Repartition=No

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ViaSata\SATA;Drivers\ViaSata;Drivers\ViaSata\PIde\Winxp;Drivers\ViaSata\SATA\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\Inf\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\Winxp;Drivers\00_Via4in1\IDEWinXP;Drivers\00_Via4in1\AGP;Drivers\02_WDM_3663\AD1980\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP;Drivers\03_USB2_257\USB2\winXP_SP1;Drivers\04_Keyboard\Disk1\Win2K_XP;Drivers\05_Mouse\Win2K_XP"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=4

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=Removed by Alanoll

FullName="Ananth N. Krishna"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=Zenadir

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1600

YResolution=1200

Vrefresh=85

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

Dialing=Tone

AreaCode=925

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=Ananth

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\batch1.cmd

like it was said before if that is volume licence key you need to get it outof your post

if thats a bootleg corp cd you need to room the key

i hope however you have fixed you probelm with xpcreate as it is a really good tool

and i hope you read the eula cause if your using it in a corp enviroment you need to get a licence from the maker

Sorry about my Key abuse. And you're right. I should get a legal version. One thing I do have to say to Greenmachine: ****. You hover over these forums like a maniac. This, combined with other parts of MSFN, is this the most useful forum I have seen in a very long time. As I look down the list and see 'Greenmachine' as the last post in almost every thread, I get this warm fuzzy feeling. You really run these forums well. Mad props, as I would say if I were considerably cooler and black. Took me a while to get the hang of XPCreate, but it works quite well. Thanks.

Your honesty about the Key Abuse is admirable. Generally, I don't bother with those who post a pirated key.

As for the maniac bit, who knows. I'll never tell! Actually, I just got off a few weeks posting nothing, and there will be a few more before the month is out: I'm into long vacations ... SP2, and being somewhere my mobile phone has service (thus I have Internet) has brought me back out.

As for running "these" forums, this is the only one I have any say in: my own little Green World. There are many others that do a lot more than I, with Aaron and Alanoll being the most active in those forums I participate in. And they are a lot busier than myself. One is enough, or that Hitlerian aspect of me would really get out of control ... Heaven forbid they grant me the power to ban others!

GreenMachine has the last say on so many of those posts, simply so I know that I have been there, and keep me from reading the same post twice. One differene from the User Contributed Projects Forums is that they are more a question and answer forum, than general discussion.

True, the XPCREATE learning curve is a bit steep, but once you are in, it's not that bad (as you yourself noted). I like that aspect, as it seems to turn off those that are not willing to help themselves, and leaves us with more "advanced" users. A simple weeding process, and it eases my workload, and my patience, a tad.

So, what's Ananth mean, or is that truely a Christian (or Hindu) name?

Its Hindu, and it means "The one who is endless.". I have, however, been an athiest for a while now, which might cause trouble if I weren't at Berkeley, where even my rather radical views are downplayed when compared to some of the really weird ideas people develop.

Times have changed since the 60's. If athieism could be considered "radical", I guess I'm, safest hiding out on the Internet. Hindu is cool: I actually have two first cousins are Hindu, who have had mixed, and opposite, reactions adjusting to the U.S. culture.

Anyway ... I hope your XPCREATION problems are NOT endless!