XPLODE Network Access

trainee

Hi, I was pretty late getting on the XPLODE bandwagon but I have to say that I love using it for my unattended installs.

I have been searching the forums and I don't have an exact idea of when network access becomes available (for shares). I believe that Wraith said he was unable to get access to shares at T-15 (T-13?). I know there is access at guirunonce. Has anyone had success with network access between these 2 times? While I am open to doing the trial and error with virtualpc, I thought I would inquire first.

I currently use XPLODE @T-13 for hotfixes

and @GuiRunOnce for hotfixes & programs which I download first over the network

And since I haven't said it before: Thank you Wraith for an excellent piece of software. I am sorry to hear you have lost interest in it but I hope that you have as great success in your future endevors.

Thanks for the praise, good to know someone is happy with it! :)

As for the share thing, if you open the command prompt during the GUI setup (Shift + F10), and try to access a share, it will say something like "The Workstation Service has not been started".

Networking will be active, but accessing shares doesn't seem to be.

Obviously, if someone knows how to get them working during GUI setup, enlighten us all, but as far as I know, it's not possible.

I have a feeling you're going to be limited to first boot.