someone can help me to silent install outpost?

SiMoNsAyS

THIS IS THE FINAL RESULT

for RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Agnitum Outpost Firewall PRO v2.1.303.4009 (314)" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Agnitum_Outpost_Firewall_PRO\start.bat " /f

for start.bat
cls

@echo off

ECHO.

ECHO Instalacija Agnitum Outpost Firewall PRO v2.1.303.4009 (314)

Copy %systemdrive%\Install\MSN\sleep.exe %systemroot%\

md %systemroot%\temp\

Copy %systemdrive%\install\Agnitum_Outpost_Firewall_PRO\OutpostProInstall.exe %systemroot%\temp\

Copy %systemdrive%\install\Agnitum_Outpost_Firewall_PRO\register.exe %systemroot%\temp\

Copy %systemdrive%\install\Agnitum_Outpost_Firewall_PRO\start.vbs %systemroot%\temp\

sleep 3

CD %systemroot%\temp\

Start %systemroot%\temp\start.vbs"

ECHO.

sleep 40

Del %systemroot%\temp\OutpostProInstall.exe

Del %systemroot%\temp\register.exe

for start.vbs

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'To Simulate Keystrokes

WshShell.Run app & "OutpostProInstall.exe /s"

WScript.Sleep 30000

WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"

WScript.Sleep 500

WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

WScript.Sleep 300

WshShell.Run app & "register.exe"

WScript.Quit

you can change time delays but i dont recommend it.

still didn't work right (the shortcuts were on c:\ and not in the docu\settings area) - but I admit I was tweaking the bat file significantly.

I just went ahead and used InstallRite - not only does it cut the install file down in 1/2, but it is completely silent, pre-registered, and some configurations settings made!

WwTIPPYwW

InstallRite -

http://www.epsilonsquared.com/installrite.htm

It is an application that takes a snapshot before installation and after installation and then compares the two to determine what has been done.

install InstallRite on your test XP box. Run it, let it get a snapshot. Then install Outpost. When it comes back up after hitting cancel to reboot, it will take another snapshot.

Then you can review the installation and clean things up. You'll need to review it and only select the real changes made by the install. There will be some things that appear that is just from Windows being Windows.

Once you've got the install cleaned up, and before creating your custom installer, you can run your register.exe and update the file. (this way, when the custom installer is made, it will have the fixed dll).

Also, if instead, when you hit cancel to reboot, and the InstallRite screen re-appears, say you aren't done. You can start Outpost (it will create a few files when you start it!) and you can go in and configure some of the settings, disable the auto-update, downloading of news, plugins, etc. When done click on the icon in the corner to get back the Install Rite screen. Then you can go in and clean your installation.

Once you are ready to create a custom installer - it will let you make it silent, and it will allow you to wildcard the location of the installer. So if your test XP is different than you real XP, or your users, then it will put the files in the right folders.

This program can be used for many installtions. The custom installers can sometimes be smaller. Just make sure to (1) clean your install before making it (lots of junk can get bundled in) and (2) test it.

Use Virtual PC or VMware and use the snapshot feature to quickly go to a clean Windows.

WwTIPPYwW

f**** the **** outpost :realmad::realmad::realmad: !!!! this thread it's not finished yet. i used installrite and everything was ok with my current os but on unattended installation it's useless (because of many services that aren't added). now i start from scratch. i have to kill a process "GLB2.tmp" or use a vbs script to clic cancel restart. the switch REALLYREBOOT does not help and don't know why puts the shortcuts on C:\.

start /wait %CDROM%\Software\OutPost\OutpostPro.exe

pskill.exe GLB2.tmp

would work?

i know there is somewhere in the forum an utility to find apps switches but i can find the tool :realmad:

any more ideas?

Here's my first try at AutoIt scripting:

; AutoIt Version: 3.0.102
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x / NT
; Author:  nateklomp
; Script Function: Install Agnitum Outpost Firewall 1.0.
Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)
Run("outpost.exe")
BlockInput(1)
WinWaitActive("Welcome")
Send("N")
WinWaitActive("License Agreement for Agnitum Outpost Firewall 1.0")
ControlClick("License Agreement for Agnitum Outpost Firewall 1.0","","Button3")
Send("N")
WinWaitActive("Choose Destination Location")
Send("N")
WinWaitActive("Languages")
Send("N")
WinWaitActive("Start Installation")
Send("N")
WinWaitActive("Installation Complete")
Send("F")
WinWaitActive("Install")
ControlClick("Install","","Button3")
EXIT

Untested, please be gentle...