spybot update not executing

Rockhound

Ok,

I've seen this posted before albeit a little differently so I figured I'd try it and see what happens.

Anyway, installed Spybot ok using the following line:

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Spybot SD 1.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\spybot\spybotsd13.exe /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL /TASKBARHIDE /AUTOCLOSE /DIR=\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Spybot\" /group=\"Spybot\"" /f

Notice I changed the install directory and the group. Everything installs with this.

Then later on I try to update Spybot using the following:

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Spybot Update" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Spybot\spybotsd.exe /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autoclose\"" /f

When this line executes, I get the following error:

Cannot find file C:\Program Files\Spybot\spybotsd.exe /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autoclose (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Is my syntax wrong or is a file actually missing or what? I think I am using the \" properly here since the directory has a space, but can't find anything else wrong with this.

Note: Executing this line from a command prompt in the directory the program is in (C:\Program Files\Spybot) works as well, so I'm stuck.

I may be wrong, but this may not be doable using RunOnceEx. As far as the documentation says, it should do updates when starting or running the program which at the time of install it is not actually doing, or is it?

This is the correct syntax:

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Spybot\spybotsd.exe\" /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoimmunize /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autoclose" /f

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having trouble with the /autoimmunize switch, as discussed HERE? The install and update work fine, just can't seen to get this little bugger to work. :unsure:

@mazin: it's working for you? Thanks for any reply/suggestion.