Outlook 2003

verity_girl

I have two problems.

I am running XP Home with Two Administrators and 2 Users. I want to be able to have the same Inbox in Outlook available to all users. At the moment when I open Outlook 2003 the mail is only visible in my Inbox. The other user's are empty.

My second problem is that the text in message boxes in Outlook (e.g. Inbox Properties) overflow. The text is too big for the box and I cannot see all, let alone access some of the radio buttons, tabs ect. I have tried changing font sizes to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

i havent used outlook 2003 in awhile, since i found thunderbird, its better IMO, but anyways..

i think this is an option in the prefrences (i dont have it installed so i cant verify)

hope this is of some help :)

Hi Verity,

The different user profiles are causing the divide in outlook 2003,

if you were to make one identity in outlook 2003 you would be able to log into that identity and regardless of profile i think you would be able to see all the emails.

The overwrite on the inbox seems to be a fault in outlook rather than a wrong feature, i would try downloading the office 2k3 updates and see if that resolves

it.

I have had much the same problem when i choose to reply to an email that contains a certain type of intense graphics. The reply email where i type my response repeats all the graphics so that its impossible to read from it.

As for Thunderbird, well im going to look into it because plenty people seem to be using it and while it will be a more secure option i cant quite see it being as all round good as outlook 2k3 which other than the above flaw, really rocks.

I use email saver xe to back up all my outlook mails, safe list, folders, and account settings.........I would be very interested in thunderbird if it has a backup facility like this or another application that can do this for thunderbird. If anybody knows about this i would appreciate some advice.

Cheers

CB

I can help out with the first problem, but not the second.

I have outlook for 3 users, all sharing the same inbox. What you do is get your first account setup with your correct inbox. Once the pst is created, move it to a common folder for all users ( I use the Shared Documents personally ). Launch outlook again. It will complain that it can't find the .pst, and allows you to browse for it. Browse to the common folder and select the .pst. Now that account it set.

For the additional users, due to the profiling of outlook, it will create new .pst files for each user. Go ahead and let them get created. Close outlook for additional users, then go into the Documents and Settings folder, then into the additional users Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook folder and delete the pst.

Log in as the other user and launch outlook again. It will complain the .pst couldn not be found. Browse to the common folder again, and select the .pst from the first account.

Additionally, if you want to share address books/contacts also, you can do that through the Tools/Email Account menu.

Hope that helps some.

Tim