$OEM$ folder

Hi. I need some help. Sorry if someone already asked the question. I think this question should be very easy. I want to install adware 6 and ms powertools. I have all the script but when windows goes to install I get an error saying that it can't find C:\install\Applications\AdAware\aaw6181.exe

C:\install\Applications\Powertoys\TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

how would I fix my cmd file so it can get to the file.

There is a picture of the way my folders are setup and below I'm going to inlcude my batch.

Cmd/Batch file:

@echo off

echo.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6 Build 181

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware\aaw6181.exe /s

ECHO.

ECHO Installing TweakUI 2.10 Powertoy

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\PowerToys\TweakUI.msi /qb

exit

post-70-1090948047_thumb.jpg

ok.....

so....did you post winnt.sif?

You may have two entries of the OEMPreInstall. Are your files being copied over? is your batch file in the same folder as CMDLINES.TXT? GUIRUNONCE is just a section of your WINNT.SIF file taht calls a batch file on the harddrive. Perhaps you're thinking RUNONCEEX?

But in either case, winnt.sif?

FYI - You're Powertyos path is wrong, it's missing \Applications\

Well, at first glance, I can see at least one problem with your AdAware install. Your code for installing AdAware references an "AdAware" folder:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware\aaw6181.exe /s

However, your screenshot of your directory structure indicates that the directory is actually called "adware" not "adaware". So, that would definitely cause a problem.

As far as PowerToys is concerned, it appears that you merely forgot to include the "applications" directory in the path statement for your install code:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\PowerToys\TweakUI.msi /qb

The above path does not include the applications directory. Since the applications directory is part of the path, your installation fails.

Some advice: Anytime one of your installs fails and complains about not locating a file, etc, triple-check your path AS WELL AS your filenames!

Hope this helps.

- Ravashaak