User Profiles>Administater.. Do I need it?

roger04

Hi all,

My pc is a single user pc. In C:\Documents and Settings there are 5 folders that is

Administrator

Administrator.[myname]

All Users

Default User.WINDOWS

[myname]

In System properties>User Profiles I have 2 profiles. One is my personal and the other is administrator. Do I need the administator or should I delete it?

I also have one more question to ask here instead of opening a new thread for this. When I boot and reach the login screen, it takes very long to load since I've configured the services.msc to Super Tweak as described in BlackViper's services guide. I went through it and found nothing relevant to it. Any idea which service is needed for the login screen. Info=*I do not need to type my password at login *I've changed my login screen.

Thanks!

Roger,

first:you can not disable or delete the built-in admin user but my advise is to rename it and then give it a password and delete every other users (if you dont need any)and use the built-in renamed and changed password user.

Hi there,

In the past i have had trouble with a delay from the login screen to the desktop.

Eventually i found a reg tweak that allowed me to startup windows in verbose mode

which in turn displays the processes that start as we make our way to the desktop.

This allowed me to see which process was causing the delay.

This should also help you but any time i have seen this before it has turned out to

be spyware causing the problem.

I do not have the reg tweak at hand but i think i have it at home and i shall check for it later.

cheers

CB