files arent removed after using cleanup.cmd

it is really crazy, when i click handmatically on cleanup.cmd it works. when running this in unattendmode i see after all my backgroundpics and screensavers aren't deleted. it have work in the past. only thing that i have changed is split the mainbatch.cmd in 2 parts. mainbatch.cmd and cleanup.cmd

cleanup.cmd have been run, i am sure because the map install, drivers and shortcuts are gone after the setup.

see attach

what could be the problem?

Don't forget that XP include a Windows File protection. These files cannot be removed if you don't disable Windows File Protection. Make a search on this forum to know how to disable it.

Your delete command should also incluse this parameters in case the files are read only:

DEL /F /Q filepath

Don't forget that XP include a Windows File protection. These files cannot be removed if you don't disable Windows File Protection. Make a search on this forum to know how to disable it.

Your delete command should also incluse this parameters in case the files are read only:

DEL /F /Q filepath

the wfp disable i do with a regtweak:

;Disable Windows File Protection for using unofficial themes
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"SFCDisable"=dword:FFFFFF9D

this is done before cleanup.cmd runs

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\RegTweaks.reg
ECHO.
EXIT

del /q /f is usefull information, but it always have worked before i split the cmd in 2 parts.... also when i click handmatically on it, it works.

so i call this weird :)

you do indeed need a modified DLL for that key to work, or you need Kernel Debugger.

hmmm.... i dont like to do that all, which it can maybe destroy my system. i say it already before: before i split mij cmd in 2 parts it works. so i will create from 2 back to 1. and if that works. i leave it.

why i disable the wpf by using the regtweak is because i use the hacked uxtheme to use unsigned themes. and it works.

you do indeed need a modified DLL for that key to work, or you need Kernel Debugger.

hmmm.... i dont like to do that all, which it can maybe destroy my system. i say it already before: before i split mij cmd in 2 parts it works. so i will create from 2 back to 1. and if that works. i leave it.

why i disable the wpf by using the regtweak is because i use the hacked uxtheme to use unsigned themes. and it works.

i have put the 2 cmd back to 1 cmd and now i see the background are deleted but the screensavers arent. if i click on the batch file AFTER the unattend setup the screensaver are gone.... i have ask this to other dutch people but no one knows why....

if there is someone who recognized my problem: tell me :)

If you delete the files, but your Windows CD is still in the drive, those files will get restored. Try ejecting manually your CD, before the time comes to delete files.

restore automatically without asking me? it is possible....but why my background is not restored also?

You can delete your backgrounds because they are not in the WFP list. You cannot delete screen savers because they are in the WFP list. Don't scared about "DESTROY YOUR SYSTEM" with a modified SFC_OS.DLL - you will be the exception if it happens.

If you just need to use unsigned theme then you can try StyleXP from TGT Soft or just a uxtheme.dll patcher. I think there's a way to patch without disabling WFP. Maybe someone could post more details about this procedure.

You can delete your backgrounds because they are not in the WFP list. You cannot delete screen savers because they are in the WFP list. Don't scared about "DESTROY YOUR SYSTEM" with a modified SFC_OS.DLL - you will be the exception if it happens.

If you just need to use unsigned theme then you can try StyleXP from TGT Soft or just a uxtheme.dll patcher. I think there's a way to patch without disabling WFP. Maybe someone could post more details about this procedure.

hmmmm... you was right. i have make a test.cmd and see the screensaver disappears but they appears back 2 sec later. in the past it have worked.

i have checked my second pc. all screensavers are gone. why it works there and not here at this computer? the only difference is this computer uses a xpcreated cd and the second pc use a nlitestripped cd without any hotfixes included so i have run Windows Update.

why it works at second pc and not here. what is the difference? where i have to look to see the solution? ( i never hacked hive or something about that. only i have used is a hacked uxtheme and hacked dx9 but i have found OPK so i dont use hacked dx9 anymore.....

nLite don't only use this registry settings to disable WFP, it patch the DLL either (did you know that?).

So if your script worked on your PC installed with an nLite CD then the answer is there.

nLite don't only use this registry settings to disable WFP, it patch the DLL either (did you know that?).

So if your script worked on your PC installed with an nLite CD then the answer is there.

i have place the sfcquota blah blah in the winnt.sif and remove the regtweak sfc=ffffff9 and after setup i see the screensaver are still there....

long time ago when i use nlite for the first time, there was no sfcquota , no disable wpf inside in nlite and i was be able to remove the screensavers without problems.

dont know exact why it is not possible anymore but a modified sfc--os-dll i can change that the screensavers are gone but other part of system stay protected? or am i disabling the whole system protecting?

if i do this" DEL C:\windows\system32\*.scr" they dissapears and come back....

glowy have read my regtweak and cant find any weird\bad things.....

ok: i have searched for the folder dllcache in system32 and it dont exist. also try sfc /purgecache and i get a error it dont exist.

i have read the url from glowy and changes sfcdisable:ffffff9d to sfcdisable:1 without kerneldebugger or other sh*t and now i am possible to delete the scr and they dont come back. i have change it back to standard value 0 and no problems occurs when rebooting....

i want a nice way to disable the wfp and remove all the sh*t i dont like and reenable it after the setup. how to do this best?

with hacked SFC_OS.DLL my system is still protected or not?

ow erm... i have ejected the cd. it dont help, the scr appears back after deleting, no idea where they come from (dont have a dllcache remember :) ).....