User Specific Settings

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to make regedits to other users besides the logged in user. What I am trying to accomplish is to have 3 user accounts, all administrator accounts with same password. They all share the same my documents folder, etc. The only difference is that one is windows classic desktop, one is a themed xp desktop, and the last one is running blackbox as the shell. This way I can just login to whatever I am feeling at the time.

I know what I need to do to accomplish this but I do not know how to edit accounts seperately.

Each user has his registry hive stored in %UserProfile%\ntuser.dat. Just mount that hive, either via regedit or the reg load command-line command, and edit whatever settings you want. This is assuming you're running Windows XP. Under Windows 2000 this is more difficult, because there is no reg load command and there is both a "regedit" and "regedit32." If I recall correctly in Windows 2000 only regedit32 can mount/unmount registry hives. In Windows XP, there is no regedit32 (thank God) and regular ol' regedit works fine.

The "My Documents" folder is also specified in the registry, as I'm sure you know. In XP all this can be scripted by using the reg command.

Yeah, that is what I am going to try.

http://www.winguides.com/registry

Always went to this site to get my regedits but never checked out their tutorial.

http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&...&guide=registry

"/R:user Specify the location of the user.dat to use"

All I will have to do is use this switch in my regedits and it should work. Will let you know when I try it.