xpcreate or hotfixes.cmd or slipstreaming

look, i want to begin a discussion what is a better way to installing hotfixes. please note there is NO SP2 for dutch xp aviable. so we have to install 22 hotfixes.

i can choose for xpcreate, who claims to slipstream hotfixes. but it is difficult for a modal user and the example dont match my hotfixes so it is MORE difficulter....

i can choose to create hotfixes.cmd but then my pc is not protected before T13 and i read many topics with problems to install some hotfixes.

i can choose to slipstream handmatically (this seems the most difficulty way? thats why xpcreate is born?)

or slipstream the 826939 Update Rollup 1 at the same way as if we slipstream the SP1 and install the other hotfixes on other way?

i am not sure what is the best way.....

Honestly, use whatever is easiest for you and causes the least amount of work. XPCREATE works great for hotfixes. Even though the list does not match what you have, the folders correspond to the type of switch the patch uses:

Type I: any patch that can have the /Q /O /N /Z switch added to it.

Type II: any patch that can have the /Q:A /R:N switch added to it (cumulative updates for IE are an example of this)

I first started out installing the patches through a batch file, with the last two commands running qchain.exe and rebooting my system.

You allready now what my favorite one is:

Disconnect DSL line and do EVERYTHING at first logon through the XPlode proggie from Wraith. (only slipstreamed sp1a + hacked UXtheme)

That way i can maintain it the easiest way without messing around with al those files from the i386 dir.

:)

And after that wait for SP2, test it and start all over again with the hotfix part.

• 10 months later...
buddy all the microsoft updates & patches supports a function called /integrare which u can use to integrare the servicepack & upgrades to ur windows cd & install them while windows is getting installed.Its preety ezey & rewlly fast just read articals on howto integrate service packs on ur cd & using the same method u can do so for the upgrades just run the upgrade in commandline mode with /? switch for all options it gives integrate is the last option along with the parameters to use it
if u need any further help contact me at cutekev@gmail.com

[quote name='cutekev' date='Jun 15 2005, 09:29 PM']buddy all the microsoft updates & patches supports a function called /integrare which u can use to integrare the servicepack & upgrades to ur windows cd & install them while windows is getting installed.Its preety ezey & rewlly fast just read articals on howto integrate service packs on ur cd & using the same method u can do so for the upgrades just run the upgrade in commandline mode with /? switch for all options it gives integrate is the last option along with the parameters to use it
if u need any further help contact me at cutekev@gmail.com
[right][post="337195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
buddy....
you do know this topic is almost a YEAR old right?