sp2 build 2162

glitch409

Also on the WU V5 site, just go here http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com, it is the express installer and there was a message stating that there will be a new version of 2162 for WU5. Oh btw you also have to agree to the fact that you have a betaID for the site, so if you don't, do not go there.

Mods-- if this is to "borderline" then edit/delete

--likuidkewl

You don't need a BetaID for W5. At no point does it require you to log in with a beta ID. If the file is available there, then it is open game. Just make sure you turn on Automatic Updates, otherwise the site won't work.

You don't need a BetaID for W5.  At no point does it require you to log in with a beta ID.  If the file is available there, then it is open game. 

Ok so they changed it from a while ago, I just checked again

make sure you turn on Automatic Updates, otherwise the site won't work.

That is not the case I don't use automatic updates and it works fine.

Welcome to Windows Update Version 5 Preview

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Windows Update version 5 Preview program. This site previews the next version of Windows Update. Before proceeding, please read the following information carefully.

Warning and Notice Windows Update version 5 includes pre-release software and a pre-release update service. They are provided for testing purposes only and technical support is not available. Use of them is subject to the Terms of Use, and software is subject to any license agreement provided in connection with it. Microsoft intends to offer the updates available on the Windows Update version 4 site on the Windows Update version 5 Preview site concurrently. Sometimes updates may not be posted to the Windows Update version 5 Preview site as quickly as they are posted to the Windows Update version 4 site.

Then explain this when using WU5 with automatic updates turned off:

Windows Update cannot continue because a required service application is disabled. Windows Update requires the following services:

Automatic Updates enables detection, downloading, and installation of critical updates for your computer.

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) enables faster, restartable downloading of updates.

Event Log logs Windows Update events for troubleshooting. To ensure that these services are enabled:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type services.msc and then click OK.

3. In the list of services, right-click the service name, and then click Properties.

4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic.

5. Verify that the service status is started.

If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.

Are you using custom or express? I use custom and have no problems at all. I can post up screens if you want but I don't think it is necessary.

--Even with express I have no issues.

Edited by likuidkewl