ZoneAlarm

neo_3333

Ok, the syntax for ZA Security Suite (Tried and tested a lot of times):

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "ZoneAlarm Security Suite" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%INSPATH%\006_zone_alarm\za_suite_setup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX %INSPATH%\006_zone_alarm\settings.xml" /f

It's in RunOnceEx, the %INSPATH% is a variable I created myself.

Note: Don't use the "-" from the licensekey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Some life again here,

I have a problem with the newest ZoneAlarm (6.5.700.000). The installation hangs after installing... I have to reset my pc, then Zonealarm seems to be installed, but I'm not able to run it, I get this error: "Can't get access to the file. Possible you don't have permissons for this item" (translated from dutch).

Is it possible the installation is bugged ? Because I had problems with installing on my PC too (normal installation). I had to do a real clean install to get it work!

strange thing is, an unattended installation is a CLEAN install so I'm wondering why it doesn't work... :s

Hopes somebody can help me!

thx! :)

Whow.....old topic.......

This is how i install mine :

[code]REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "ZoneAlarm suite 6.5.700.000" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zapSetup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx %CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zoneconfig.xml" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zonealarm.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 3 /D "REGEDIT /S "%CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zone1.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 4 /D "REGEDIT /S "%CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zone2.reg" /f[/code]

Reg 1 :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs]

reg 2 :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs]

zonealarm.exe contains all .zap files wich i install wit a SFX

[code]Path=C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1[/code]

And i place "zllictbl.dat" in my $OEM$\$$\system32 folder

And it installs fine with all my own settings etc.

Wow, that's whole different then I did it, until ZoneAlarm Pro 6.1 it worked by this for me:

"%CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zapSetup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx %CDROM%\Software\zonealarm\zoneconfig.xml"

all settings,.. were good installed too.

Where are those .zap files, zllictbl.dat and those registry keys good for ? Doesn't ZoneAlarm install this automatically ? :S

I'm having this problem only with the 6.5 of ZoneAlarm (temporary reverted to the newest 6.1.x)

Have you tried to install 6.5 this way ?
thx

I use the latest version
They are for the settings , cause i use Zonealarm suite.
but should work for normal zonealrm to. Edited by muiz

Ok.
I think they aren't used by ZoneAlarm Pro, correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a verry strange thing, I really think the installation is bugged, as some other people had problems before (read it in this dutch site, tweakers.net).

I think I'll wait until a newer version arrives, and keep my fingers crossed that it works correctly.

[quote name='Jeroeneke' post='520054' date='Jun 15 2006, 08:15 PM']Ok.
I think they aren't used by ZoneAlarm Pro, correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a verry strange thing, I really think the installation is bugged, as some other people had problems before (read it in this dutch site, tweakers.net).

I think I'll wait until a newer version arrives, and keep my fingers crossed that it works correctly.[/quote]
6.5.714.000 za pro
[code]http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1038_zl/zapSetup_65_714_000_en.exe[/code] Edited by muiz

Thx, will test it as fast as possible

EDIT: Installation works now (it doesn't hang anymore). But I still have the same problem after the installation. ZoneAlarm is copletely installed, but it doesn't boot, and I can't run it.

Strange thing is, I can see vsmon.exe (18.416kb) and zlcient.exe (56kb) running.

I will try to install without my settings (which I renewed with 6.5) and hope it works. At the time now, every version before 6.5.x works :S Edited by Jeroeneke

Just tested it without my settings (config.xml) and it seems to be impossible for ZoneAlarm to boot either :s (see edit in last post).

Really strange!

I will try to install ZoneAlarm manually and see what happens then...

[quote name='Jeroeneke' post='520401' date='Jun 16 2006, 03:57 PM']Just tested it without my settings (config.xml) and it seems to be impossible for ZoneAlarm to boot either :s (see edit in last post).

Really strange!

I will try to install ZoneAlarm manually and see what happens then...[/quote]
Just installed latest version and it workes fine.

Maybe there is a difference between ZoneAlarm Pro and ZoneAlarm Suite. I know a lot of people were having problems with installing the new ZAP 6.5, then the new version is giving problems too to some users!

I reverted again to the latest 6.1 Maybe upgrading it will work, wil test later

[quote name='Jeroeneke' post='520672' date='Jun 17 2006, 02:21 PM']Maybe there is a difference between ZoneAlarm Pro and ZoneAlarm Suite. I know a lot of people were having problems with installing the new ZAP 6.5, then the new version is giving problems too to some users!

I reverted again to the latest 6.1 Maybe upgrading it will work, wil test later[/quote]
Just tested with normal ZAP ...works fine