Please insert Windows XP CD into drive A:

I suppose I'm still confused. What are these Ident files? I searched this forum and google and didn't file much anything about them, just that I needed them.

Where do I find them? What are they for?

I have a legit copy of WinXP Pro with SP1 and I followed the MSFN.org guide for making the unnattended cd. My ISO is 1.4GB and I will be burning it to a DVD. I tried to run the iso in Virtual PC and I got the same error as h8uman.

Thank you.

Indent files are used by the windows to confirm the present version, something like that.

You can find them in a root of cd, or in the directory in which you just slipstreamed service pack.

You can test it with slipstreaming...just delete the .sp1 or .sp2 file and you can slipstream again...stupid ha.

Other than missing files, second issue is with upcasting...meaning make them in capital letters.

they're actually only neccesary because of the way Windows setup locates the files. Its all because of TXTSETUP.SIF.....

In there, there is a section called [sourceDiskNames] that declares the ident files, and where to look for them. Think of them, as just a way of naming the disc, and making sure yo have the right disc.

Thank you both for the info! I'm not sure how, but those files just didn't copy from my cd... I put the original cd back in the drive, and what do you know? They were there...

Wow, I feel stupid :)

Thanks a lot you two!