How Do I Place a Shortcut on Admins Desktop?

Hello. I am using the from CD method of RunOneEx, so I do have a %CDROM% environment variable set. How would I place a shortcut on the Administrators desktop pointing to a file or folder on the CD? Also how would I copy files into the Administrators documents folder?

I attempted to use the $Docs folder on my unattended windows install disk, but this causes Windows to create a new administrator folder under Administrator.COMPUTERNAME

Assistance please?

isnt the admin account

X:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents ?

why would u want an icon pointing 2 something on cd? some installers have an option 2 create an icon during setup of the prog. so u can just copy it 2 whereever from where it creates the icon?

regards

i had this problem too, the only thing that you can do is to NOT name your computer, leave that space blank and the $Docs folder will work, the only other way is to take the path $OEM$ > $Docs > administrator.computername > whatever you want from there, check the paths that u currently have going on in the Documents and Settings folder to put the items in their respectable places.

Hello. Thanks for the info. I am going to try to copy the files during RunOnceEx instead of using the $Docs folder. The %userprofile% variable should be set at this time, so I can get it in the right folder(s).

This seems to be a major limitation of the $Docs folder, I mean what use is it if the folders your create in there sidelined by Windows creating alternate username.computername folders? :)