small prob

Lost Soul

hi im trying to instal norton system works 2003 from my RunOnceEx

and im doing it like this

REG ADD %KEY%\110 /VE /D "Norton Systemworks 2003" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\110 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\norton\Setup.exe /qn /Reboot=Suppress" /f

now ive searched the forum and thats what i could come up with to do this instal but for some reason it wont instal any part of the program.

is there some thing im doing wrong. ? id appreciate any help on this

thanks

lost soul

im currently running a new scan because perhaps the error of the previous program instal may of voided out my norton utilities. i was trying to instal msn 6.2 with out extrating the files but had a bad syntax command for some reason, but now ive went back to my old way, and im testing it now because the way i had norton set up was after msn 6.2 and msg plus 3, well when the error happened it didnt instal msn 6.2 or plus nor norton, it went straight to the end on my clean up and reboot, very strange,,

well im testing it now ill post back what happens but still any ideals would be appreciated..

thanks

ok ive finished the test and it still wont instal but now i get a windows installer incorrect line paremters, can any one tell me what to do about this, heres an attachment of what poped up when trying to instal norton ustilities 2003

Sorry for confusion. The back slash is causing the problem. Delete the back slash.

Is it called back slash or forward slash :)

Well! Delete the SLASH only :rolleyes:

Instead of this: Setup.exe /qn /Reboot=Suppress

Use this: Setup.exe /qn Reboot=Suppress

I had a similar problem with Norton Internet Security. I was using the same switches you are. I eventually dropped the reboot portion of it and disabled my clean up and reboot cmd. It worked great after that, for some reason Norton doesn't reboot after the install. Worked out in the end anyway. This is what I ended up going with;

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Norton Internet Security 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Applications\NIS03\NIS.exe /qn" /f

For some reason my clean up and reboot.cmd was rebooting before the Norton install was able to complete.

I have now re-enabled my clean up file and it appears to work ok on VMware.