sp2 problem..

I used nlite to slipsteam sp2 and make a reduced ISO. I used vmware to test the iso. After the files are copied and the system first reboots to gui mode, I get this blue screen error "Process1_initialization_failed." Does anyone know what this is?

Odd...

Only time i have seen that is issues relating to hardware such as a double slave or master setting on 2 ide devices on the same channel....

Besiodes that i have never seen that error.

I would consider leavinf the master drivers and critical files alone for a test the removing to see difference

|Drew|

It seems it only happens with sp2, I tried it with sp1 and it works fine. I noticed that the xp folder with sp2 had these two files win51ip.sp1 and win51ip.sp2, could this be a problem?

Problems like those can be caused by slipstreaming SP2 into a SP1 CD... you should never slipstream a SP into a CD with another SP. Always start using the original CD.

Try slipstreaming SP2 into a Vanilla (no SP) Windows XP CD. The win51ip.sp1 file on your CD tells me that the CD you slipstreamed into was a SP1 CD.

@raverod - what does it matter? you can slipstream sp2 over the top of sp1 it makes no difference

i slipstreamed my disk to sp1 6 months ago... last month i slipstreamed sp2 rc1 into the same disk... this month i slipstreamed sp2 rc2 into the same disk... it works perfectly...

what logic dictates that you cannot slipstream sp2 into an sp1 cd?

what about all those people that have actual SP1 or SP1a windows cds? does that mean they can never slipstream sp2 because they don't have a super old cd? that just doesn't make any sense

same as always...

you extract the xpSP2.exe file to a folder, then inside that folder you will find

I386\Update\Update.exe

run that with the following switch:

Update.exe -S:C:\Share (where C:\Share is the directory containing your CD source)

or just use nLite to slipstream it

@[bM]Crusher: After making that CD did you then use nLite or some other reduction tool?

I didn't mean to say that you couldn't. I meant that if your going to use reduction tools etc. you should start with a clean slate.

The reason I say this is that in the official beta for SP2, Microsoft highly recommends, if slipstreaming, to slipstream using an original Windows XP CD to prevent any errors/compatibility problems from occuring.