Favourite file manager

MikeW

Hey guys,

For those of you out there that no-longer use windows explorer, what do you suggest as a replacement for it?

Im not looking for bloat, don't need a bazillion things in it that make it slower to run :)

Cheers

Hey guys,

For those of you out there that no-longer use windows explorer, what do you suggest as a replacement for it?

Im not looking for bloat, don't need a bazillion things in it that make it slower to run :)

Cheers

Why would you not use windows built in file manger.....i really dont see any other additions that would make a 3rd party aplication any better

IMHO

|Drew|

Windows explorer is a very very slow and wasteful application.

On my old p3 450mhz windows xp machine navigating between folders is painfully slow, but browsing files over the network share is practically instant.

Also, in a directory stuffed with files, its difficult to jump to the one im looking for, I wish there was some filter bar where I could type *big.jpg and filter down all the files (actually, does anyone know if such an explorer extention exists?)

• 10 months later...

[quote name='MikeW' date='Jun 22 2004, 11:28 PM']Hey guys,

Cheers
[right][post="144467"][/post][/right][/quote]

I've been asking the same thing myself.
So guys, help out here:
So far I only tried Total Commander which has a few advantages over Explorer but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a FileManager that is similar to Explorer but it has: speed mesurment when copying files, 2pane view + TREE, better file handling,...

What are your recomendations.

btw. Pliz don't give that EXPLORER.EXE is all you want crap.