set up drivers

kevLEE

IM TRYING TO DO AN UNATTENEDED XP CD BUT I NEED HELP WITH INSTALLING THE DRIVER ON THE CD IN WINNT.SIF IT DOES NOT INSTALL THEM. MY MOTHERBOARD IS A MSI 6590 V2 (KT6 DELTA) EG MY SETUP FILES ARE FROM THE LIVEUPDATE 3.58 (FROM THE MAIN MSI WEB SITE) PLUE THE OVER DRIVERS ARE NOT INSTALLING TOO WHICH ARE

VIA Chipset Drivers v4.51

56.72_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

C-Media Sound Drivers v5.12.01.0031

Broadcom 5788 Lan Drivers v6.64.0.0

LIFEVIEW FLY PRIME 30

VIA SATA RAID Drivers v5.1.2600.220

OR IS THERE ANY OVER WAY

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE!

First of all, don't shout!

Well let's take a closer look to your problem:

1. Did you read the guide you can find at http://unattended.msfn.org ?

2. Follow the instructions you can find here http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/drivers.htm and everything should work. If you still have problems, ask away but be more specific!

Good luck!

P.S.: Welcom to MSFN.org!

Thanks for that i did that and now it all works it auto installs my 4in1 via drivers

sound ac97 drivers

my tv card drivers

Lan Drivers

Raid Drivers

Nvidia

tip have PartitionMagic 8.2/blank cdrw really helps things out

eg if it does not work just go back in partitionmacgic and start again like i did until u get it right eg my winnt.sif file

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Via\Inf\Winxp;Drivers\Via\IDEWinXP;Drivers\Via\WinXP;Drivers\Via\Agp;DRIVERS\SND\A;DRIVERS\SND\C;DRIVERS\SND\CR;DRIVERS\SND\CR\L;DRIVERS\SND\N;DRIVERS\SND\R;DRIVERS\SND\S;DRIVERS\SND\T\A;DRIVERS\SND\T\D;DRIVERS\SND\V\E;DRIVERS\SND\V\V;Drivers\lan;Drivers\Tv;Drivers\Nvida;Drivers\006_storage;Drivers\006_storage\3ware;Drivers\006_storage\3ware\6000;Drivers\006_storage\3ware\7k&8k;Drivers\006_storage\acard;Drivers\006_storage\acard\6280;Drivers\006_storage\acard\6290;Drivers\006_storage\acard\67160;Drivers\006_storage\acard\671x;Drivers\006_storage\acard\6880;Drivers\006_storage\acard\6890;Drivers\006_storage\acard\68x5;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\aac;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\aar1210;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\i2o;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\u160;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\u320;Drivers\006_storage\adaptec\u320r;Drivers\006_storage\ali;Drivers\006_storage\amd;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint\hpt366;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint\hpt371;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint\hpt374;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint\hpt3xx;Drivers\006_storage\highpoint\rr182x;Drivers\006_storage\intel;Drivers\006_storage\intel\eide;Drivers\006_storage\intel\sataraid;Drivers\006_storage\intel\u320r;Drivers\006_storage\ite;Drivers\006_storage\lsilogic;Drivers\006_storage\lsilogic\megaide;Drivers\006_storage\lsilogic\mraid35x;Drivers\006_storage\lsilogic\mylex;Drivers\006_storage\lsilogic\symmpi;Drivers\006_storage\nvidia;Drivers\006_storage\nvidia\eide;Drivers\006_storage\nvidia\raid;Drivers\006_storage\promise;Drivers\006_storage\promise\fasttrak;Drivers\006_storage\promise\fasttx2k;Drivers\006_storage\promise\sx4000;Drivers\006_storage\promise\sx6000;Drivers\006_storage\promise\ulsata;Drivers\006_storage\promise\ultra;Drivers\006_storage\qlogic;Drivers\006_storage\qlogic\12160;Drivers\006_storage\siimage;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3112;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3112r;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3114;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3114r;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3124;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\3124r;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\649r;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\680;Drivers\006_storage\siimage\680r;Drivers\006_storage\sis;Drivers\006_storage\sis\eide;Drivers\006_storage\sis\raid;Drivers\006_storage\via;Drivers\006_storage\via\eide;Drivers\006_storage\via\ideraid;Drivers\006_storage\via\miniport;Drivers\006_storage\via\sataraid"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=85

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

[userData]

ProductKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FullName=""

OrgName=""

ComputerName=Computer

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language=00000809

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile="%Systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Plex Style M4.THEME"

DefaultStartPanelOff=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

eg some registry.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]

"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\grass.jpg"

"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\grass.jpg"

;Disable Automatic Restart in the event of a BSOD

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]

"AutoReboot"=dword:00000000

;Disable Windows File Protection

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogonAdd]

"SFCDisable"=dword:FFFFFF9D

;Disables Error Reporting, but notifies when errors occur

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting]

"DoReport"=dword:00000000

;Disable Messenger Service (to stop spam. Does not affect MSN or Windows Messenger)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Messenger]

"Start"=dword:00000004

;Disable Remote Registry Service

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteRegistry]

;Disable Windows Time Service

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time]

;Disable Balloon Tips

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000

;Start Windows Themes Service

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Themes]

"Start"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"StartPage"="http://www.google.com"

;Max your Internet Explorer's simultaneous downloads to 10 (default was 2)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:0000000a

"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:0000000a

;Change MenuShowDelay (Start Menu load speed)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

"MenuShowDelay"="2"

;Removes Language Bar

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]

@="Language bar"

"MenuTextPUI"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\msutb.dll,-325"

;Allow renaming of Recycle Bin

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder]

"Attributes"=hex:50,01,00,20

"CallForAttributes"=dword:00000000

;NoLowDiskSpaceChecks won't check if you are low on diskspace and pop up a balloon telling you.

;NoRecentDocsmenu removes the recent documents from the start menu.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001

"NoRecentDocsMenu"=dword:00000001

i hope it will help any one out

kevlee

• 4 weeks later...

I used the zip file that was included in this thread. When windows was finished installing, I had no display what so ever. Went into safe mode, downloaded 4in1 pack and installed, fixed it!. My question is, did it not install? Maybe corrupted? Maybe I just didn't do it right. Not sure. Any suggestions on where to look for the problem, I would love.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have a couple of quick question. I cannot find the VIA 4in1 4.51 in anything other than an exe format. Does this matter in the OemPnpDriversPath? Will it run the exe or does it have to be specifically infs? Also, I have already read the unattended.msfn.org but I could figure out what exactly is needed besides the inf (ie sys, cat, and other files). Any help would be appreciated.

Hi KMFM$

It's been a while since I installed the 4-in-1 drivers. But if memory serves me correctly, the file that you download is a .zip file. If you extract it you get an Installshield .exe. Now comes the fun. If you have WinRAR installed, you can right click on the Installshield install and Extract it. Here you will find various directories and files. If you reference those in you OemPnpDriversPath it will install unattended. If not all the .exe's are Installshield based so you could try creating answer files as outlined hereMSFN's Unattended XP CD - Installshield

Hi KMFM$

It's been a while since I installed the 4-in-1 drivers. But if memory serves me correctly, the file that you download is a .zip file. If you extract it you get an Installshield .exe. Now comes the fun. If you have WinRAR installed, you can right click on the Installshield install and Extract it. Here you will find various directories and files.  If you reference those in you OemPnpDriversPath it will install unattended. If not all the .exe's are Installshield based so you could try creating answer files as outlined hereMSFN's Unattended XP CD - Installshield

Thanks, Raiden. I had just figured that out. :)