spider=off
  zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]
  Command0="control userpasswords2"

3: Copy it to \XPCD\I386

4: used that program from this site to create an bootable image

5: copyed it to a CD-RW

6: reboot my computer with the cd, and instaled windows

and still it askes me for a serial number and things like that(i meen that nothing has been filled in for me).

what am i doing wrong ???????????????????

Crusher,Jun 18 2004, 12:42 AM] invalid cd key good point... if he is using an "XP Corporate" pirated windows CD and has slipstreamed the SP1 update into it, it will not accept the original pirated CD Key anymore (need an updated SP1 VLK cd key)

i know windows with SP1 dosnt work with FCKGW serials. but im not using SP1.

i will dubble check my serial number and delete the file.. plz wait :)

does it use any of the winnt.sif settings? if it uses nothing from there it isn't your cd key doing it...

if it uses most of the settings but not the cd key, wrong cd key...

still.. you shouldn't have to delete the unattend.txt as that file is only used when booting from a floppy (from dos).. when you boot from a cd it checks for the existance of I386\winnt.sif and if it exists it will use it...

one thing to check... go Tools->Folder Options->View - untick the 'hide extensions for known file types' and make sure your winnt.sif file isn't called winnt.sif.txt

Crusher,Jun 18 2004, 01:41 AM] does it use any of the winnt.sif settings? if it uses nothing from there it isn't your cd key doing it...

if it uses most of the settings but not the cd key, wrong cd key...

still.. you shouldn't have to delete the unattend.txt as that file is only used when booting from a floppy (from dos).. when you boot from a cd it checks for the existance of I386\winnt.sif and if it exists it will use it...

one thing to check... go Tools->Folder Options->View - untick the 'hide extensions for known file types' and make sure your winnt.sif file isn't called winnt.sif.txt

i just made the unattend.txt file the same as the Winnt.sif file, now its working, thanks

it shouldn't be using the unattend.txt file at all.. .just delete it...

Unattend.txt

Unattend.txt is the answer file for Setup. An answer file is a way to script the answers for a series of graphical user interface (GUI) dialog boxes. Unattend.txt tells Setup how to interact with the distribution folders and files you create, and supplies Setup with all of the information that the end user provides during a typical Microsoft® Windows® setup. For example, Unattend.txt contains a FullName entry in the [userData] section that instructs Windows Setup to prompt the end user to provide a full name.

Although the answer file for Setup is commonly called Unattend.txt, for a network preinstallation you can name the file anything you like. For a CD-based Setup, you must name the answer file Winnt.sif.

You can create or modify an Unattend.txt file by using a text editor or Setup Manager.

Crusher,Jun 18 2004, 02:52 AM] it shouldn't be using the unattend.txt file at all.. .just delete it...
Unattend.txt

Unattend.txt is the answer file for Setup. An answer file is a way to script the answers for a series of graphical user interface (GUI) dialog boxes. Unattend.txt tells Setup how to interact with the distribution folders and files you create, and supplies Setup with all of the information that the end user provides during a typical Microsoft® Windows® setup. For example, Unattend.txt contains a FullName entry in the [userData] section that instructs Windows Setup to prompt the end user to provide a full name.

Although the answer file for Setup is commonly called Unattend.txt, for a network preinstallation you can name the file anything you like. For a CD-based Setup, you must name the answer file Winnt.sif.

You can create or modify an Unattend.txt file by using a text editor or Setup Manager.

Give me one reazon to delete it ? becouse it is working right now.

Crusher,Jun 18 2004, 03:00 AM]I just gave you one reason
For a CD-based Setup, you must name the answer file Winnt.sif.

If you are booting from a CD, it WILL NOT use a file named unattend.txt it doesn't matter if it exists or not it will not use it

it doesn't matter if it exists or not

so, thats why i asked why deleting if it dosnt matter :rolleyes: (maybe for the 2kb of space :))

oh :D hahaha :) i didn't understand you properly :rolleyes:

you can leave it there if you want... just that it doesn't matter if it exists or not... definitely doesnt matter if it contains the same settings as winnt.sif :D

your cd should have worked fine before you edited the unattend.txt file

I have one copy of XP with no SP

ProductID=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

With SP1 slipped

ProductKey=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Don't add both

Changes in Answer Files - Deploy.chm

[userData] section

ProductID renamed ProductKey.

Crusher,Jun 18 2004, 03:34 AM] oh :D hahaha :) i didn't understand you properly :rolleyes:

you can leave it there if you want... just that it doesn't matter if it exists or not... definitely doesnt matter if it contains the same settings as winnt.sif :D

your cd should have worked fine before you edited the unattend.txt file

gehe, yes i found out, becouse i got the error "error in winnt.tif at line 3"

so it is using winnt.tif