Roaming Profile Folder Configuration

I have recently setup a windows 2000 Advanced Server with 2 Windows XP machines connected to it.

I have recently gone on to make roaming profiles for myself and other users etc, however the problem that i am having is that the "local settings" folder from within "C:\Documents and Settings\%userid%" profile folder is not copying over to the server.

I found out that this was because of the ntuser.ini file which has the following line added by default;

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[General]

ExclusionList=Local Settings;Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp;Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook;

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have attempted to remove this, log off and back on again only to find out that it has reverted back.

This is causing me a major problem as it is where the main outlook.pst file is located :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to disable this or a workaround??

Thanks in advance!!

:)

i've experienced the same thing when i set up roaming profiles in a 2000 AD enviornment. honestly, i don't know how to change that or if you can, but why not move the .pst files? i know "my documents" carries over when roaming, as well as any folders set up on the user's desktop. you might have a very large number of users in which case this might be more trouble than it's worth but if not, moving the .pst might be your best bet. ps- in my experience you will probably slowly start to experience more and more roaming profile issues. thats what started happening to me which is why i got rid of them. most admins will tell you they cause more problems than they do good... you be the judge.

Roaming profiles are ok on a small network with under 40 users.

So with only 2 pc,s and i will assume no more than 10 profiles, it should be fine.

However. The only way to make sure the .pst files are in the location on the profile path, is to move them onto the server and then re-point outlook to them.

I have done this on a small network consisting of 2 2k servers, 10 2k workstations and 3 XP workstations.

Hope this helps.

:)