3Dmark 2003 and PCmark 2004

Lysergic

I created and ISS file for both of them and used the trigger -s.

The trigger doesn't seem to work for both 3dmark and pcmark, although I haven't expierenced any problems installing PowerDVD the same way...

The batchfile doesn't generate errors either, the programs are just not installed.

I had same problem with ISS files, and using runonceex from CD.

Since i came back to c:\install\, i had never experienced others problems.

Maybe this ?

what do you mean? I don't quite understand...

I used the howto @ http://www.msfn.org/unattended/xp/applicat...stallshield.htm

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Power DVD 5
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\PowerDVD5\Setup.exe -s

ECHO.
ECHO Installing PC Mark 2004
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\PCmark2004\PCMark04.exe -s

ECHO.
ECHO Installing 3D Mark 2003
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\3Dmark2003\3DMark03.exe -s

hi,

please try the following parameters within ur InstallShield-Installer:

%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\tmpgenc\TMPGEnc252158169.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\tmpgenc\setup.iss"

this should work for all installers with a .iss-file.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

Strange...

3Dmark and PCmark do install silently, but when you start them after installation, they're not registered. There's a key in the ISS file so that's not the problem.

ECHO.
ECHO Installing PC Mark 2004
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\PCmark2004\PCMark04.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\Install\PCmark2004\setup.iss"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing 3D Mark 2003
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\3Dmark2003\3DMark03.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\Install\3Dmark2003\setup.iss"

benchmarking tools are stupid and pointless.... if your machine can play the games you play without any stupid slowdown then your machine is *fast enough*... if you get slowdown, get a new video card!

my point is: why bother testing with synthetic benchmarks? play a real GAME and see if it runs properly to determine if your computer is fast enough.... oh and do i even have to mention how pathetic 3dmark2003 is as a synthetic benchmark tool?

i used to be a benchmark freak... but then i realised i was being stupid and haven't benchmarked since... my benchmarks are the latest and greatest games now! :)

Crusher,Jun 17 2004, 02:23 AM] benchmarking tools are stupid and pointless.... if your machine can play the games you play without any stupid slowdown then your machine is *fast enough*... if you get slowdown, get a new video card!

my point is: why bother testing with synthetic benchmarks? play a real GAME and see if it runs properly to determine if your computer is fast enough.... oh and do i even have to mention how pathetic 3dmark2003 is as a synthetic benchmark tool?

i used to be a benchmark freak... but then i realised i was being stupid and haven't benchmarked since... my benchmarks are the latest and greatest games now! :)

dude, I need them for PC testing! I'm not going to install games on every PC I build to check if it's running stable :rolleyes:

hi,

if you wanna check the stability of your system, please don't forget PRIME95.

Prime95 is the best CPU/RAM-checker out there. Run it in Torture-Test mode several hours "in-place" to check the CPU and use much RAM to test your memory - works best as i have tested many many many progams and they weren't able to identify ram-errors.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee