2003 Sever Problem

billythehamster

The automatically downloaded version is corrupt or something.

When I drop in the exe downloaded from windows update, there's no problem.

I'll have a look in greater detail tonight if this hasn't been resolved.

the problem is this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 15:36:26 -- Downloading: SVC-HF1\WindowsServer2003-KB828035-x86-ENU.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 15:36:34 -- MD5 Error. Got [CAF80707E52FCA44AAFA03DF305315E5], expected [C2626A9A00232E307FCC28EF31B6B9D2].

i have same problem, i downloaded the following location and manually placed the file in the HF1 Folder hope this is correct

http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b...035-x86-ENU.exe

which is the same location as what is used by the auto download script now i am really confused unless microsoft have updated the patch?

however according to the microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-043.mspx)

Issued: October 15, 2003

Updated: December 2, 2003

Version Number: 2.3

the file hasnt been updated since December 2, 2003 :)

edit: manually adding this file to to the HF1 folder doesnt work the file is simply trying to download again, i think there is a problem with either the hotfix list (most likely) or the microsoft patch (less likely)

That's strange..

I have re-verified that the MD5 is wrong, and have updated the Win2003 lists with the new signature. Keep in mind that Microsoft may have updated the file in some insignificant way (a typo correction, etc), and just not updated the release date on the page. Even a change of one byte will create an entirely different MD5 sum.

[edit]: I created a XPC/2003 CD using the download list on June 11th, and it did download the file without complaint. So I'm guessing the file has in fact changed since then. The only update that was missing after installing was the DX9 patch (as I expected, since I didn't put it in RunOnce).

-V

Thanks again, Virindi, keeper of lists!

It can happen that the patch is updated, thus MD5 changes, and there is no information on Microsoft's site. This would be the case if the hotfix installer changes, but the fix itself does not.

Those with errors, please post if your problem has or has not been resolved.