3 unattended XP PRO in a DVD

Hey, guys. I'm trying make a multi Boot DVD with 3 WinXP Pro with different applications in unattended. Is like this:

1º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications for internet and DVD-RW ( Firewall; FlashGet; etc / DVD Shrink ;PowerDVD; etc)

2º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications only for internet (Firewall; FlashGET; etc)

3º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications only for DVD-RW (DVD Shrink; PowerDVD; etc)

Anyone can help me doing this?

Thanks in Advance :)

Hey, guys. I'm trying make a multi Boot DVD with 3 WinXP Pro with different applications in unattended. Is like this:

1º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications for internet and DVD-RW ( Firewall; FlashGet; etc / DVD Shrink ;PowerDVD; etc)

2º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications only for internet (Firewall; FlashGET; etc)

3º XP PRO unattended -> With apllications only for DVD-RW (DVD Shrink; PowerDVD; etc)

Anyone can help me doing this?

Thanks in Advance :)

Please try searching this forum & the unattended area & also Flyakites guide.

The search button is the best one to start.

Doesn't anybody search anymore? Jeez, I'm starting to sound like Maverick and Alanoll :D:rolleyes::)

Kremlin:

go here and spend some time there, then go here and look under extra's.

Mavericks is right tho, nothing a short search wouldn't have turned up...

ArmyDoc

Kremlin,

my first reply may have a been too hasty... Something posted is another forum has been nagging me all day now, and it does reflect on your problem.

After first reading your post I assumed it was a simple unattend/multiboot question - it's not. In fact, in it's core it has nothing to do with multiboot, so, technically it's a question posted in the wrong forum - it's all about unattended install. My guess is you'll find what you're looking for is you search the Unattend forum, here.

Since I'm at it anyway - here's what I'm thinking: you have two choiches - number one is to create a single setup routine with an option menu at the end of it which will let you choose what apps to install - like this thread. Granted, it's not exactly unattended, but is is flexible and will let you actually achieve what your asking without too much trouble.

Second option: completly unattended options - for this you will have to go multiboot, as what I'm thinking you should do is to copy the entire WinXP Pro CD to your multiboot DVD three times, so that you'll end up with with the follwoing (bear with me...)

D:\AIO-DVD\Setup\XP\Pro1

D:\AIO-DVD\Setup\XP\Pro2

D:\AIO-DVD\Setup\XP\Pro3

Now, you'll also have to create three boot sectors, Pro1.dat, Pro2.dat and, *gasp* Pro3.dat, and also three separate bootfolders - again, PRO1, PRO2, and PRO3 (although, see below). Edit the files so Pro1.dat refers to PRO1 refers to \Setup\XP\Pro1. Do the same for Pro2.dat and Pro3.dat.

After that all (ahem) you'll have to do is to create the appropriate $OEM$ folder structure for each of the different setups and create/copy all the necessary files - for that I will refer you back to AaronXP's guide.

Last step is to create three boot option in your menu, calling Pro1, -2, or -3.dat

Is this actually clear? I'm doing this of the top of my head right now, so anybody please correct me if I'm wrong, especially about needing three separate bootfolders - I'm thinking that, just as with the /inram bootoption as described in the update multiboot guide, the same results can be reached with copying and renaming setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif (within the PRO1 folder) twice (so, you'll end up with, lets say - setupldr.bin, setupldr.net and setupldr.dvd; txtsetup.sif, txtsetup.net and txtsetup.dvd) Then, edit so that pro1.dat points to setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif, which point to \Setup\XP\Pro1; pro2.dat points to setupldr.net and txtsetup.net, which point to \XP\Pro2; and pro3.dat points to setupldr.dvd and txtsetup.dvd, which point to \XP\Pro3.

Me thinks option one is easier, but a lot less satisfying to try out and get working right :)

@Maverick

After giving this some more thought I've come to the conclusion that it all depends on which unattended installation method you use: batch file command line driven or RunOnceEx.

In the first case you can specify which batch file to run, and if you create three different batch files you can point winnt.sif to a specific one - but you would still need three .dats and three bootfolders with three winnt.sif files.

When using RunOnceEx you will need to do it as posted before because then you cannot point to specific batch files - Windows Setup will search automatically for a file called cmdlines.txt of which there can obviously only be one in each folder - therefor there must be multiple $OEM$ folders when using RunOnceEx

It does make for a nice experiment, though, doesn't it?

ArmyDoc

Edited by ArmyDoc

As Maverick would say: no worries mate :rolleyes:

I hope my two posts were clear - if not, let me know and I'll try to explain. Sometimes my toughts run ahead of my two-finger-typing skills :) and things that I think are clear tend to be convoluted...

Good luck and let us know if it worked.

ArmyDoc

i vote for option number 4...

the RunOnceEX keys are dynamically created.

Each Winnt.sif file as one line different form all the others, the batch file reads this, and deters to the proper entries.

If you really want to get advanced.....

you could just ahve one boot folder, but 3 different winnt.sif files, all named differently. As for the matter of unattended.....batch files are easy. Just call a different one, but what if you only wanted one.

You would then have the change file generate a itself based on the CPU name. It should be easy enough. Each then has a preset of programs to install, and configure the setup. This is easiest done with a INF file. You call one section that then calls multiple ones.

(I like making things complicated. It adds alittle bit more fun to it)

@ Alanoll:

HUH?!? :)

I understood every single word of your post - but the whole didn't make sense. Please elaborate... perhaps with an example?

Each Winnt.sif file as one line different form all the others, the batch file reads this, and deters to the proper entries.
Meaning three different winnt.sif's? Or one with multiple entries?
You would then have the change file generate a itself based on the CPU name. It should be easy enough. Each then has a preset of programs to install, and configure the setup. This is easiest done with a INF file. You call one section that then calls multiple ones.

You've lost me there... :rolleyes:

(I like making things complicated. It adds alittle bit more fun to it)

You're not kidding... :D

ArmyDoc

Hey, guys. I'm trying make a multi Boot DVD with 3 WinXP Pro with different applications in unattended..

I wanted to do that too with XP Pro Corp/nLite'd/slipstreamed/hotfixed/unattended, so I used BCDW to do it. My first try looked like this:

\MyBootCD\bcdw

\MyBootCD\$OEM$

\MyBootCD\XP_1

\MyBootCD\XP_2

\MyBootCD\XP_3

where I had hex edited the SETUPLDR.BIN to replace (4 times per file) i386 by XP_1 and so on. In the TXTSETUP.SIF I tried with or without the SetupSourcePath = "\XP_1\" and also used an xpboot.img (hex edited for XP_1) instead of SETUPLDR.BIN, but the installation was always chocking at the quick NTFS reformat part... Since my single boot CD was working fine, I figured there must be some i386 still laying around. Sure enough, by trying instead:

\MyBootCD\bcdw

\MyBootCD\$OEM$

\MyBootCD\i386

\MyBootCD\XP_1

\MyBootCD\XP_2

I was able to boot i386, but also XP_1 and XP_2 as they must be relying on some files from the i386 folder... The WINNT.SIF from the appropriate folder was used each time though. Since I am using CDImage to create the ISO file, it's not a big deal as all the duplicate files are replaced by links, so it's not taking CD space anyway...

But I would think that it might be possible to get it to work by having a normal i386 folder, with XP_1 and XP_2 having minimal files in them, maybe only SETUPLDR.BIN, WINNT.SIF and TXTSETUP.SIF with a judicious choice of which i386 to hex replace and which to keep...

[edit]

Ok so it is not that simple, I get a reboot with a minimal set of files... So for now I will stick with multiple copies of the files and let CDImage sort it out! I might try to figure it out later...

[/edit]