Add Users & Auto Logon at T-12

Hello,

I have added own User Account during GUI-mode of Windows XP Setup like described in Unattended XP CD -guide to my unattended install.

I wonder is it possible to do that in a way that during installation setup would prompt user "what is the name You want to use?" and after user has given the name setup would use that name (in useraccounts.cmd and autologon.reg ... like in the guide at this site)...

The reason for that is that sometimes i do xp installation to my buddies and it would be nice if i could give the name that way during installation (so there wouldn't be my name in everybodies "doc and settings" -folder).

Hope You understand what i meant?

Thanks, mmainio

Hello,

I have added own User Account during GUI-mode of Windows XP Setup like described in Unattended XP CD -guide to my unattended install.

I wonder is it possible to do that in a way that during installation setup would prompt user "what is the name You want to use?" and after user has given the name setup would use that name (in useraccounts.cmd and autologon.reg ... like in the guide at this site)...

The reason for that is that sometimes i do xp installation to my buddies and it would be nice if i could give the name that way during installation (so there wouldn't be my name in everybodies "doc and settings" -folder).

Hope You understand what i meant?

Thanks, mmainio

Then you'd have to use OOBE I think, which also looks quite good.

How you can do this can be found in this topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=17549.

Good luck with it!

If you don't mind a command prompt, use set

SET /P MOO="what is the name You want to use?"

Then you can run useraccounts.cmd. It would have to be in the same session. I would add that line to the beginning of the cmd file, and just call that. I would drop the autologon.reg, and use the REG command. It will allow you to put in the variable.