how to remove alcohol folder using command line

i cant remove the "Alcohol 120%" folder from start menu

i use a CMD file containing the following to perform that..

RD /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%"

it didnt work..while other folders did..

i think it is the character "%" that cause the problem..can someone help to solve it?

thanks

i cant remove the "Alcohol 120%" folder from start menu

i use a CMD file containing the following to perform that..

RD /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%"

it didnt work..while other folders did..

i think it is the character "%" that cause the problem..can someone help to solve it?

thanks

This doesn't work. Why? Because there are spaces in your path. Try using %allusersprofile%, this should make it work!

Not the problem with the spaces,i think..for i have managed to remove other folders using the same command line

e.x:

RD /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Nero"

it works fine..

Not the problem with the spaces,i think..for i have managed to remove other folders using the same command line

e.x:

RD /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Nero"

it works fine..

Maybe...

But I'm experiencing the same problem: in Windows those commands work fine, but when installing it and the batch file runs it doesn't work at all!

anything with more characters is cut to the first 6 and a ~1 is added to it. It's also determined by the order in which the directories were created. So if .... Alcohol2 was created before Alcohol1, Alcohol2 would be be names Alcoho~1. Either if the names were different, samething applies if the first 6 letters are the same.

Try This

RD /s /q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%"

and the dos folder name is the first six characters of folder name + ~1

I don't see why yall are telling him to use %allusersprofile% though it is better incase of drive letter changes, it's still the same thing. The spaces aren't the problem.

As a side note, you may need to save the % in ASCII? Open EDIT in DOS type it, save it. Then try that.I'm better the problem is that DOS thinks %120 is a variable ( the 120th argument variable)

my problem it's sameless i've got the sintaxis but it's used by another process (explorer.exe). how can i RD \Archivos de programa\MSN Gaming Zone\Windows??*

*note that i can install windows in diferent drives so

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Archivos de programa\MSN Gaming Zone"

should work if it's not used by windows

hehe :) i had this, you've gotta use 120%% (double percent signs) to remove it, other wise it don't pick it up, annoyed me for ages!! try it with a sample folder to check.

Fix it .....thanks all you guys..

It actually even simpler than that u just use Alcoho~1 its because of spaces not the "%" necessarely.

Also DOS short filenames support max 8 chars per name so anything that is longer considers its first 6 chars and a ~x if there are anymore same name folders/files ussually first is ~1.

If u have a dir like "A B C D" then ignore all spaces and use "ABCD~1" it works.

Also try using .cmd instead of .bat i think it uses a different emulator - cmd is better.

U can test all this in a command window as i did.