Anything you want added to the guide?

Alanoll

Added a couple things to the guide, nothing major. Incorporated a few of ArmyDoc's ideas as well (not credited yet though, I'm getting there)

Speak now if you want anything added....

I believe BartPE and a complete rewrite of the Windows 98/ME section is the next thing to be added

Added a couple things to the guide, nothing major. Incorporated a few of ArmyDoc's ideas as well (not credited yet though, I'm getting there)

Speak now if you want anything added....

I believe BartPE and a complete rewrite of the Windows 98/ME section is the next thing to be added

I'm sure most of us would be happy with that. The only other thing to mind would be a more in depth third party app guide ie Ghost, PM8 would be of interest.

I've found the most satisfying option to add PM, Ghost etc to the DVD is to integrate them into BartPE using third 'party' plugins. The one big advantgae of this method is that you can use more than one app in the same session :) - otherwise you'll have to restart the machine after each use of the tool in question. :rolleyes:

Ah, well, I didn't actually say anything about *creating* plugins, now did I? :D I'm not smart enough for that :) , and besides, other people can do that far better than I ever could :rolleyes:

For a long list of plugins go here.

A complete Forum repository can be found here, specifics on a partition magic plugin here.

A plugin for Ghost is included in PEBuilder, but read this.

I've posted a cabfile with the necessary files, download here.

Added BartPE section.....

Win98 tomorrow hopefully....

I'll added links to those plugins page later...

As for UBCD

I really don't have a copy of that....dunno where to get one.

If you give me a translation in HTML like it is on your site, only english, I'll edit it to Flyakite's style and add it....

Added BartPE section.....

Dude! You blindly copied and pasted my text, typo's and sidenotes included, don't know whether to :rolleyes: or :).

I'm planning on doing some cleaning up on my own guide in the very near future - I'll send you an English version of UBCD.htm when I'm at it.

By the way: it can be had here.

I was planning on adding your name saying I stripped it from you.

But in reality, the only part that I actually copied, was the top part, and the image. :)

The rest was a copy of ERD Commander. They were almost identical, considering they should be.

BartPE page editied to remove your little notes. :rolleyes:

well....

flyakite's old method was have one update on the front page, but since I'm doing them almost everyday, I didn't see the point.

His way was to include only one update on the front page, and all others on the Updates page. I'll get to that. :)

Just a thought, nothing major, but would you consider adding a couple lines or so to the sections that show your new method of getting the boot files from a winXP etc cd to explain that following this will not actually reinstall windows to your drive and that if you just follow the installation through then you will be dropped back into windows and nothing other than the couple of folders you have mentioned will be copied.

Otherwise, brilliant - I successfully followed the guide for adding XP pro with no probs.

Regards,

DTS56