Error C:\Documents

During the setup phase of XP after it has copied the files and rebooted twice I get a prompt saying C:\Documents is not avaiable. Has anyone seen this error. I have no idea what is trying to load.

yeah...

you probably have a batch file, or a runonce entry, that is referencing %allusersprofile%, or %appdata%, or %homepath%, or %userprofile% and it doesn't have "" marks around it..

for example, to copy something to your my documents folder, you would need:

copy this.file "%userprofile%\my documents"

note the "" marks around the destination (because it contains spaces, as does %userprofile%)

Crusher's method works...

but you can also use $oem$ -folder and put the files under $Docs\user\My Documents and it will go to the user's My Documents -folder. dunno if that's the harder way?:) but I used that in my first working install...

@eclipsed

won't your method give EVERYONE the documents, not just one user?

I would imagine its because %userprofile% is mapped to the currently logged in user. Try using "c:\docuements and settings\all users" ...

I check my files and there is no reference to anything called documents or %allusersprofile%, or %appdata%, or %homepath%, or userprofile% and it doesn't have ""

The only thing that should be running is the unattended.txt or svcpack.inf. It happened during the third stage of setup. setup is installing devices and loading files.

My RunOnceEx.bat file is not even being executed during this.

Would it help if I posted my svcpack.inf and unattended.txt file? I have no idea what is causing this error:

Setup can not find the module C:\Documents. { ok } button. Clicking ok will continue setup.

in your svcpack.inf check a few things:

check that the qchain.exe is already extracted

check the "windows xp sp1 critical hotfixes" thread (whatever its called) on this forum and find out if any of the hotfixes you are running aren't supported through svcpack.inf

on the msfn unattend guide, their svcpack.inf has a couple of CMD files in it i think (to install some hotfixes that won't install direct from svcpack.inf) check that