hey black, goto sysinternals.com

download pskill

put it in the same directory as yahoo messenger

then your command will go something like this

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Yahoo\Ymsgr.exe /silent

cd %systemdrive%\Install\Yahoo

pskill ypager

thats it :) hope this helps :rolleyes:

For some reason I have to run pskill 2 times in a row before yahoo will shut down. Just a suggestion. Can't hurt. Also, some installations I have to use pskill on will not work because pskill runs before the actuall task has been loaded after setup. To get by this, i just made a .vbs script that waits (sleeps) 3 seconds and have it run in between the installlation and the pskill command. That way it gives the task time to load after install is finished then runs the pskill. Hope this helps.

Well, I don't even use batch files. I am actually just making a application CD right now(seperate from the unattended XP CD). Using Wise Installer to pick what apps to install and it copies the installation files over to the HDD and adds reg entries to the runonceEX. What I dont understand is using runonceex with a numbered sequence works pretty much the same way as the start /wait in batch files. So I don't see why it would be different. But in any case the running 2 pskills works fine so I will probably just keep it that way. Thanks for reply though.

Also, got to thinking. The "start /wait" commands actually just starts the installation and waits for the install to finish before going on the next thing. But I don't think it waits for the post install stuff that runs. Like the app launching after installation. I could be wrong, could somebody verify this?

The reason i think this is because on my computer it will not shut down the ypager.exe until i tell it twice or make it wait a few seconds with a .vbs. But on my friends computer it will work with just one pskill and no .vbs. My friends computer is alot faster than mine so I am assuiming that ypager.exe is loading up almost instantly whereas on mine it takes a few seconds. Could be totally wrong though.

My friends computer is alot faster than mine so I am assuiming that ypager.exe is loading up almost instantly whereas on mine it takes a few seconds. Could be totally wrong though.

thats possible, my computer is an AMD 1600+ and it loads fast, but i spose if your on a p2 or something similar it would have a little more lag

...copies the installation files over to the HDD and adds reg entries to the runonceEX...

you should look into running the installations from the cd - it will be a lot faster and it isn't too complicated.

Here is the first few lines of my runoneEX.cmd file for reference. Of course, if you already know the cdrom's drive letter - just use it and not the variable.

OH, I forgot - if you use the variable - add a zero byte file calling it CD.id to the cd.

Also - if you need more drive letters, add the lines.

Also - any new/separate/different batch files that you want to use off of the runonceex.cmd file, you'll also need to set the cdrom variable.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

IF EXIST D:\CD.id set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.id set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.id set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.id set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.id set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.id set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.id set CDROM=J:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE  /D "Applying Microsoft Patches" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\mdac\Q832483.EXE /C:\"dahotfix.exe /q /n \" /q" /f

Thanks for the info WwTIPPYwW. The only reason I chose to copy to the hard drive instead of running from the CD was I didn't think the %CDROM% variable would work from the RunonceEx. Guess I was mistaken. Shouldn't take me long to change my .msi it to run from the CD though. Just have to remove the copy to HDD commands for each app and change the path in my reg entries. Thanks again for the information.

I am using

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 02 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM YPager.exe" /f

After yahoo messenger install to kill it

And I use it for many other programs that works automatically after installation and also for programs that open IE window and works fine ……

BTW what the difference between PSKILL and TASKKILL??

i think PSKill is a 3rd party app that does what taskkill can do.

i think the problem is that after a reboot, ym keeps opening automatically. the only workaround i did was to manually login and modify ym's preferences...

i think PSKill is a 3rd party app that does what taskkill can do.

i think the problem is that after a reboot, ym keeps opening automatically. the only workaround i did was to manually login and modify ym's preferences...

pskill is indeed a 3rd party app

just create a reg file 2 remove the run command for yahoo IM

regards