GROUP POLICY

GPO functionality is ON by default. Even if you make some change in settings, they are applied instantly. However, if you dont have any setting set up or switched ON , nothing happens.

You probably mean that if they they would be ON , the start menu would be reduced or limited, but it is only optional and YOU must make these settings by yourself. By default none of the various options are set up in GPO.

I mean that through me unattended DVD i want it to set the GP options by itself and not to put that garbage in the start menu and i wanted to see if anyone had any ideas how to do it, Would all i have to do is run the MMC file that has the options set out in the start.cmd??

@wyattxp

use registry tweaks instead all gpedit is .. is a Newer GUI based registry editor with a tiny bit difference

look in the registry tweaks thread, chances are u can find all your tweaks there, or google

hope this helps :)

MTCs description of GPO is IMHO not that exact one, I think it misses the point at all.

In this particular problem, the solution IS possible. And you dont have to fiddle with reg files at all.

Do this:

ON a running system, go to GPO editor, as I said, using gpedit.msc.

Edi everything completely.

Then, go to directory "C:\windows\system32\GroupPolicy\" and save its content somewhere. Save everything accept the "gpt.ini" file.

Then, when doing the unattended CD proces, simply allow some script to run the GPO editor, (this MUST be done at least once, because the GPO floders are created in this moment) then close the editor (by script), note that noting was edited only open and close, and then finally copy (by script) that saved content mentioned above to the folder "C:\windows\system32\GroupPolicy\" on a new system.

the GPO setting are then applied after account logoff/logon.