Virus on Windows ME

Rach

Righty, C-Girl sends this topic, as she cant post herself..she is having problems with her computer:

I went onto google looking for D12's lyrics to my band and clicked the 3rd/4th Link, it was yellow and loads of popups came up, then Zone Alarm popped up saying:

Do you want WMplayer to access the internet?

I didn't even open Windows Media Player!! And then MAY17_adloader.exe, 'This program has previously accessed the internet before' and they wouldnt close. Then a naked person came up and wouldn't close either then it said explorer has caused and error in user.exe, and my startbar wouldnt work, I couldn't open control panel and virus scanners kept asking for updates, I can't open IE without getting a window full of popups, no programs are working properly, Icons missing, Folders missing...

Sorry if that sounded a bit weird, I think shes a bit scared o.o Anyways, Help would be loved, before the computer dies completely :)

That's what you get for liking d12 ;o

Winme has system restore you can try that. You could also download ad-aware from another pc and try to install it to remove the nasty spyware. In safe mode you could use msconfig to stop any nasty spyware from starting at startup.

-gosh

signs of lots of virus and lots of spyware

ok first go to the msconfig, if u can't go there go to regedit

in msconfig just for this problem uncheck everything on "start-up" tab (i'd tell u which one's to close but thats a lot of work)

restart the computer..

then i hope u have a anti-virus software, update it and run it.

then get spyware tools, billions of them.. 1 is not enough! seriously, 1 finds 1 thing other doesn't....

let it wipe every virus and spyware..

then u should be good to go after that...