XPC Test, Updated Version for Testing

GreenMachine

Second attempt with 2KP ENU 4 XPCTHLST.TXT download updates

W2KSP4_EN.EXE is saved in XPCREATE\SPACKS folder with name 135477136 and the size is only 20050 ?

Fail to download DOTNETFX.EXE ?

Maybe problem to download oversized updates with iOpus Downloader...

Will see tomorrow...

My suggestion is : Why not use MD5 digest stored in XPCTHLST.TXT instead of filesize and change the sub :GETSIZE with one that compute the MD5 of the downloaded file and compare it with the one stored in XPCTHLST.TXT. If something fails, retry the download or write in log file inconsistency in downloaded file xxx

FastSum is an extremely fast utility for your files integrity control.

Let's go to bed (The Cure) :)

What a fantastic script. I tried XPCTEST today for both Windows XP Pro and 2000 Pro and both worked very well. They created CD's installed with all currents updates and everything within windows seems to work fine.

Thanks for providing such a great resource. This is going to save me an incredible amount of time. The only update this script didn't seem to install was an Advanced Networking update for Windows XP in the recommended updates section.

Also finally a question. How hard would it be to convert the created CD in a distribution share capable of being installed over a network?

@ColMaki: Cool!

@Bilou: I think most of those issues are resolved in the next test release. Check it out, please. I had not tested with Windows 2000. In the future, please do not cut and paste XPCREATE.CMD code on the Internet. Merci.

@GrndZero: That should be possible, but please read the (new) EULA first.

I'm closing this thread, as the next test version has been released.

Hi GreenMachine just a small question just tried the new test version of xpcreate,

all went well iso created but when i open it up in ultraiso,

the Valueadd and Support folders were not copied over from the windows xp source cd, all other versions have copied these folders before, is there a new switch for this in the xpcreate.ini thats not listed, also its the same windows cd that ive used before with no problems.

any ideas about what may have happened ive attached xpcreate log file

Thanks for this all your work great program :)

urie

I'm thinking it was a fluke ... The problem was in the copy CD to local source somehow. Would you mind trying a "fresh" install, e.g. from an empty directory. You need only go as the begining of downloading, and see how CDSOURCE looks.

Let me know ...

Thanks' GreenMachine tried xpcreate again using G: rather than F: cdrom and it copied the files ok, tried again with F: and it was ok also must have been a fluke as you said. :)

Is it possible to copy the valueadd and support folders over manually and redo the iso its just to save me having to download all the hotfixes again.

Thought it was a bit odd ...

I don't quite understand the question, but the answer is no. XPCREATE is only supported when run on "clean" source. No cutting corners to save time. If you mean copy the missing files to the CDSOURCE directory, that is OK. The hotfixes are supposed to only be downloaded once: if they download a second time, something is amiss.

EDIT: I get it (must be getting late). Just manually copy all the files to the CDSOURCE directory, and rerun XPCREATE. I would copy EVERYTHING, just incase there were some missing elswhere that you did not notice.

I'm having a problem with the SATA integration with the latest "test" version of XPCREATE. I'm using the SI3112R controller on my motherboard and have included the drivers in the $OEM$/$1/Drivers directory.

XPCREATE says that it located the drivers and integrated them, but the entries in TXTSETUP.SIF are not there. The SI3112R.SY_ file is correctly added to the I386 directory and the headings for the entries in TXTSETUP are there (i.e. [sourceDisksFiles] etc) but the contents for each heading are not there.

Log files are attached. If I need to send the SATA drivers, I can do that too. For now, I manually added the entries, but thats not really an optimal solution.

Thanks.

Matt

I'm trying that now, thanks.

I also noticed one other thing (unrelated to SATA). With this new DirectX hotfix the *.CAT file that ends up in the SVCPACK.INF file does not conform to the 8.3 convention that everything else does. Is this by design? As a side note, it seemed to work fine with the long file name...

Regards,

Matt

UPDATE

Looks like the problem is in the new, automatically generated XPCREATE.CAB file. Please replace your version with the attached, and let me know.

This version works exactly as expected.