Setup can't copy RAID driver from floppy

I've just made a Windows 2000 cd with SP5 patches and DirectX slipstreamed. It works perfectly with VMWare, but not with my real computer. At the end of the textmode file copy portion of setup, it gives me the message it can't copy the RAID drivers from floppy. Which is completly stupid, because it has those drivers already loaded by that time, so it was able to read the drivers form the floppy before. What is going on here??

Ow, this is just great. I don't have any Windows anymore as I was under the impression my CD was working just fine. Now I can't install Windows, so I can't recreate the cd... So I guess, I have a bit of a problem here... Now I have to install the unslipstreamed version, manually install all the hotfixes so my computer doesn't get hacked the second I go online to download the software I need to create a new cd...

Is there really no other way to fix this?

are all the slipstreaming performed by SVCPACK.INF or CMDLINES>TXT?

Not using GUIRunOnce at all?

If so, it should still be possible.

Use a Win98 startup disk, emulated or otherwise, and navigate to your CDROM,

then

CD \I386
winnt.exe

I believe that should start a normal attended installed, but the hotfixes and whatnot should still be there, assuming you had everything run from CD (the hotfixes should if you sed SVCPACK.INF). If anything was copied over to the harddrive, it won't work unless you copy it before setup starts by your self.

All is done as Microsoft's webpages recommend: hotfixes via scvpack.inf and DirectX via cmdlines.txt. Your method may indeed work, but I think remaking the CD is an easier option :). I think I'll just silently curse Microsoft while burning another CD. Or maybe I sould just install Linux :rolleyes:.

I have other computers, but none of them have burners :rolleyes:. And they all run Linux btw :D:)

Anywho, I have windows running again and I'm trying to intergrate the ide drivers as i'm typing this :D.