pause

RunOnceEx.cmd

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\adobe123.exe /qn" /f /Q /O /N /Z

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "AD Aware 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\aaw61234.exe /qn" /f /Q /O /N /Z

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Winzip 9.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\winzip90.exe /qn" /f /Q /O /N /Z

have i missed anything? does cmdlines.txt run automatically

lone crusader,

The syntax is wrong in your RunOnceEx.cmd.

On the lines with 'REG ADD ...' you should only have the '/f' switch at the end, the others are probably causing the command to fail and so the reg entry is not being added. The switches you have at the end (/Q /O /N /Z) look like the ones for MS hotfixes. Any silent switches you need for the app should go inside the last quote after the filename, ie something like this :

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\adobe123.exe <silent switches>" /f

Check out the 'application switches' forum for the correct switches for each application. this page gives you some examples.

If you remove the 'cmdow @ /HID' from the cmd file, and put pauses between the commands for testing you will probably see the errors.

SP

Did the pauses you put in the CMDLINES.TXT show up? I dont know exactly what commands are available at this point in the installation, if they are not showing up, maybe that is crashing the CMDLINES.TXT?

Did the regtweaks work from unattended install?

If yes to both, try stepping through the runonce cmd using pauses between the reg comands and without hiding the window, see if you see any errors.

Make sure the cmd file is in the same directory as the CMDLINES.TXT (C:\XPCD\$OEM$\ for example), and filename correct.

I'm on shift atm, so can't check my own CD's for a bit, this is from my (slightly dodgy) memory ... :)

And yer switches for the REG lines are a bit wrong - maybe it works ok from a full install, but not when the OS is not totally installed? When you run the cmd file from an installed windows and then reboot, do the progs get installed correctly?

SP

are both Regtweaks.reg and RunOnceEX.cmd in $OEM$?

is cmdlines.txt in $OEM$?

as stated before, the syntax's are wrong.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\adobe123.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "AD Aware 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\aaw61234.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Winzip 9.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\winzip90.exe /qn" /f

and not every application uses /qn. As stated before, search for the correct ones. I fixed the code above to remove the invalid syntax.

PAUSE does not work in cmdlines.txt just for reference.

And when do you check for the keys? When you see the desktop? If so, you won't see them if they did work. They delete themselves when run. Presss <CTRL><F10> during setup at about T-10 or so, and type REGEDIT, then look for the keys.

Gah, seems your cmdlines.txt is not being run. Check your winnt.sif for the line :

[unattended]

OemPreinstall=Yes

UnattendSwitch="yes"

Not sure if the second one is required for this problem, but the first one tells windows you have an $OEM$ directory. Otherwise, errr. hmmm. dunno. :rolleyes:

Still got 6hrs of a 12hr shift to run, headache and complete lack of motivation to my job due to lack of sleep. 2 weeks left before I see a beer :)

SP