Disable XP spystuff!

Hi, I have found the command-line version of xp-AntiSpy3.72

http://www.xp-antispy.org/

I already have tested it in a UnattendedXP installation and it works great!

(because it's version 3.72 not all functions from the version 3.81 are supported)

This is what I did:

1.I wrote a little batch; xp-AntiSpy.cmd->

---------------- Put this in the batch: -----------------------

xp-AntiSpy.exe -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10 -11 +12 -14 -15 -16 -17 -18 -19 -20 -21 -22 -24 -25 -27 -29 -31 -32 -34 -35 -36 -37

---------------------------------------------------------------

(I use the switches above, but you can use your own;typ xp-AntiSpy /? and you get a list of all available switches + explanation).

2.I created a shortcut that points to C:\Program Files\xp-AntiSpy\xp-AntiSpy.cmd -> here I put the command-line tool.

(just copy your batch whereever you want, rightclick and choose create shortcut)

3.I created the Startup folder in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs$\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup -> here I put the shortcut.

So the batch will be run the first time XP starts.

4.I put the batch and the command-line tool in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Progs$\xp-AntiSpy\.

5.I created a iso and tested it in VirtualPC. It's working!!!

-DON'T forget to remove the link from startup or else the batch will be run every time you restart your computer!!

P.S.

You can leave the shortcut there so you can make sure that the XP spystuff is really turned off every time you start your computer; because sometimes those settings get reset by another application and thus turned on.

P.S.

You can check if everything works by using the "normal" xp-AntiSpy program.

xp_Antispy_CmdLine.zip