Strange message at 13 mins

Currently testing an unattended install on MS Virtual PC and get a dialog box at 13 mins to go with this message

Choose Directory For Extracted Files

c:\windows\system32\inetsrv

Any reason for this, how can I stop it from coming back up?

This sounds like a hotfixes issue.

Check those. They are some that can't install if nobody is logged in...

I install at the first loggon (RunOnceEx method) those hotfixes (all others are installed at t-12):

Q817778.EXE (/Q /U /O /N /Z)

Q817787.exe (/Q:A /R:N)

Q832483.EXE (/C:\"dahotfix.exe /q /n\" /q)

Q832414.exe (/C:\"dahotfix.exe /q /n\" /q)

Q831167.exe (/Q:A /R:N)

yeah one of your install commands for one of the hotfixes (pretty specific aren't I) is incorrect and that is why it asks you where to extract...

check all your install switches for hotfixes, then if you can't find it reply here quoting a copy of your svcpack.inf (or however else you install them)

i'm going to say you have qchain.exe in your svcpack.inf file.

I'm also going to guess that you downloaded it from the microsoft website. I'm then ALSO going to guess you didn't do a search. And yet another guess would be you didn't read the post that would come up if you did.

If there is indeed a QCHAIN.EXE entry in your SVCPACK.INF, then in your current Windows install, double click the file, see if you get that dialog. If you do, select where you want to extract it. Inside THAT should be the proper QCHAIN.EXE

you'd be surprised how often that does come up. Hasn't for awhile though, but it happens.

I've been around for awhile. The Unattened section of the forum was pretty new when I joined. And I was lurking for awhile before that. :) Good ol' Black design for the site.....