Searching Pictures using Keywords

dtmunir

hey everybody

i was wondering if there was a way i could maybe organize my collection of over 3000+ family photos by assiging keywords to each photo (Right Click>Properties>SUmmary Tab). What i really need to know is HOW can i search for a specific picture using these keywords. I exerimented by giving 2 or 3 pics in my My pictures folder some keywords and then using windows built in search, as well as the cool software Effective File Search to try and get to these pictures using the keywords, but no luck!

Any one have any ideas?

I think if you use the search box labelled "A word or phrase in the file" that will search the summary, but dont hold me to it. Alternatively you could get adobe photoshop album, its good sh*t! :)

I think if you use the search box labelled "A word or phrase in the file" that will search the summary, but dont hold me to it. Alternatively you could get adobe photoshop album, its good sh*t!  :)

thanks a lot for ur reply mike

it feels really good to know tht at least SOMEONE is readin ur post... :rolleyes:

thx for ur seggestion too. i already tried the seaching for word or phrase in file, but it didnt work.

but temme more abt this photoshop albu? wat is this?

sounds interesting

danish

Past experience tells me that data is stored in the jpeg's header? I think it is, i know a mp3 stores stuff like lyrics in the mp3 files header. Either way a jpg is a binary file so i don't think you could search by content. I would recommend enabling the indexing service. You could also edit the columns explorer shows, which would let you sort by the pictures size, things like that. But otherwise i don't think what you want is possible.

-gosh

Past experience tells me that data is stored in the jpeg's header?  I think it is, i know a mp3 stores stuff like lyrics in the mp3 files header.  Either way a jpg is a binary file so i don't think you could search by content.  I would recommend enabling the indexing service.  You could also edit the columns explorer shows, which would let you sort by the pictures size, things like that.  But otherwise i don't think what you want is possible.

-gosh

hey gosh

thx a lot for ur info

i think i'll give indexing a shot... mayybe tht resource hagger IS good for something :)

cya

Photoshop album is an organizer/basic editor for digital photos. Read all about it here.

wow...this guy knows wt hes talkin abt :)

everybody...try out photshop album 2

its AMAZING to say the least!!!

thx a lot mike, uve solved my picture storage/organisation worries for Eternity

Photoshop album is an organizer/basic editor for digital photos. Read all about it here.

wow...this guy knows wt hes talkin abt :)

everybody...try out photshop album 2

its AMAZING to say the least!!!

thx a lot mike, uve solved my picture storage/organisation worries for Eternity

my pleasure. :rolleyes: