and put that in the

cdroot\$oem$\

directory

and then put all the files to be copied to the drive in

cdroot\$oem$\$1\Install

directory.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

It will work if I just run XPLode within windows

I've expierenced that cmdlines.txt does not like variables. Sometimes it does in PATHS in the arguments, but not in this.

A work around...

cmdow @ /HIDstart /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Xplode.exeEXIT

save that in $OEM$ as say....xplode.cmd

and then in cmdlines.txt that is also in $OEM$

[Commands]"xplode.cmd"

Link to cmdow

http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/index.html

ok that fixed it.

Now I cant get it to install ms office correctly. Also I was wondering if I could get it to look on the CD for files rather than having to copy things over to the HD first

for the office install it comes up and start but then it seems to do a rollback could it be that I have to specify a username and pass for this one?

and to get the files off the cd I didnt know if there was a variable like

%systemdrive%

like %cddrive% or something so I could leave the install files on the cd in say

$oem$

XML

<XPlode>	<config>  <hidewindow>Windows Update</hidewindow>  <hidewindow>CMD.EXe</hidewindow>  <show  	 total='6' 	 after='2' 	 subcount='true'   />    <!-- make antialiasing false if you're running GUIinstall mode -->  <font  	 face='Tahoma'  	 antialias='false'  	 small='8'  	 large='12'  />    <!-- note the position attribute - it is listed in 'x,y' positions. -->  <!-- 0..8 still may be used. -->  <window  	 width='440'  	 position='8'  	 fixmain='0'   />    <!-- can be standalone, guitransparent, or guiredraw -->  <!-- for the latter two, you don't need to specify background colours, or images. -->  <windowmode  	 mode='standalone'  />  <colours> 	 <header     back='#003399'     fore='#FFFFFF'     image='%XPLODE%\images\head.png'  	 /> 	 <footer     back='#003399'     fore='#FFFFFF'     image='%XPLODE%\images\foot.png'  	 /> 	 <progress     border='#FFFFFF'     back='#00000000'     fore='#FFFFFFAA'     fore2='#00000033'  	 />	 	 <main     back='#0000FF'     fore='#000000'     current='#FFFFff'     description='#FFFFFF'     image='%XPLODE%\main.png'     overlay='#FFFFFF87' 	 />  </colours>
  <strings> 	 <!-- main XPlode string --> 	 <title>Post-Install Configuration</title> 	 <complete>complete</complete> 	 <!-- adduser plugin strings --> 	 <adduser>Adding user #1#</adduser> 	 <addusertogroup>Adding user #1# to group #2#</addusertogroup> 	 <addgroup>Adding group #1#</addgroup>     	 <!-- file/dir ops plugin strings --> 	 <copy>Copying #1# (#2#/#3# - #4#)</copy> 	 <move>Moving #1# (#2#/#3# - #4#)</move> 	 <delete>Deleting #1# (#3#)</delete> 	 <!-- shortcut plugin --> 	 <shortcut>Adding shortcut: #1#</shortcut> 	   </strings>	</config>	<items>  <item display='Adding users and groups...'> 	 <!-- note the different use of quotes due to the data held in them --> 	 <adduser     username=''    password=''    groups='Administrators'    fullname=''    comment="Don't mess with the best!" 	 />  </item>  <item display='Registry Tweaks'> 	 <!-- note the username and password - it will run under the user 'Spike', using the account password --> 	 <execute     display='Applying tweaks...'     program='regedit'     arguments='/s "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\RegTweak.reg"'    />  </item>  <item display='WinRAR Plus 3.3...'> 	 <execute     display='Installing...'     program='%systemdrive%\install\Applications\wrar330.exe'     arguments='/s'    />  </item>      <item display='Office 2003...'> 	 <execute    Display='Extracting Archive...'    program='%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003.exe'    arguments='/s' 	 /> 	 <execute    Display='Installing...'    program='%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe'    arguments='TRANSFORMS=%systemdrive%\install\Applications\OfficeXP\Unattended.MST /qb-' 	 />  </item>  <item display='TweakUI'> 	 <!-- note the username and password - it will run under the user 'Spike', using the account password --> 	 <execute     display='Installing...'     program='msiexec'     arguments='/i %systemdrive%\install\Applications\TweakUI.msi /qb'    />  </item>  <item display='Symantec AntiVirus Corp v9.0.0.338'> 	 <!-- note the username and password - it will run under the user 'Spike', using the account password --> 	 <execute     display='Installing...'     program='msiexec'     arguments='/i %systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav\sav.msi /qn RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS'    />  </item>  <item display='Google Toolbar'> 	 <!-- note the username and password - it will run under the user 'Spike', using the account password --> 	 <execute     display='Installing...'     program='%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\GoogleToolbarInstaller.exe'     arguments='/qn'    />  </item>	</items></XPlode>

Yes I knwo ther eis no name and pass in the XML file. I have onne in the real one dont worry....

you would need a username and password if the current use didn't ahve permission to install programs. However, most Office problems I've seen, have been caused by a copy of over of Office. So it might be easier to start from scratch. Maybe one or two hidden files weren't copied or something.

as for variables, in the documentation somwhere....

%XPlode% - Returns the Drive letter and path to where XPlode is running. So perhaps C:\Install, or D:\$OEM$\Unattend

%SourceDrive% - Just the drive letter WINDOWS is installing from.

ok sourcedrive works when it is being installed before the runonce. Is there a way to make it work after runonce? I would like something to run from the cd but it seems once I get into windows it will not work. Do you know a way to make it work?

actually found a way. using the link in your sig

for /f "tokens=3" %%i IN ('reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup /v "SourcePath" ^| findstr "REG_SZ"') do set SOURCE=%%i SET SOURCE=%SOURCE:~0,2%

then replace %systemdrive% with %SOURCE%.

testing now.....