What's wrong with my sig and cmd file?

When I install XP with my unattended cd, I don't get the updates in.

Is there something wrong with my files?

I can't see that anything should be wrong?

I will give a beer on the nearest pub, the next time I'm in London :-))

Here is my sif file (notepad file):

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=1    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"    OemSkipEula=Yes
[unattended]    UnattendMode=ProvideDefault    OemPreinstall=Yes    TargetPath=\WINDOWS    UnattendSwitch="yes"    FileSystem=*    Repartition=yes	
[GuiUnattended]    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=0
[userData]    ProductID=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=45
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\hotfixes.cmd

here is my hotfixes.cmd (command file) that lays together whit the 2 hotfixes, that can't be installed with svcpack.inf KB817787.exe and Q832483.EXE

C:\WINXP\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\hotfixes.

@echo off ECHO.ECHO Installing Q817787 for Windows Media Player 8start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q817787.EXE /Q:A /R:NECHO.ECHO Installing Q832483 Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code executionstart /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\ENG_Q832483_MDAC_X86.EXE /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /qECHOECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute"EXIT

here is my svcpack.inf file (notepad file) svcpack.in is deleted

[Version] Signature="$Windows NT$"MajorVersion=5MinorVersion=1BuildNumber=2600
[setupData]CatalogSubDir="\i386\Update"
[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
[setupHotfixesToRun]
Q819696.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB823182.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB824105.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB824141.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB825119.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB826939.exe /Q /O /N /ZQ828026.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB828035.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB828741.exe /Q /O /N /ZQ832894.exe /Q:A /R:NKB833330.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB835732.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB837001.exe /Q /O /N /ZKB837009.exe /Q:A /R:NKB841720.exe /Q:A /R:Njs56nda.exe /Q:A /R:NALCXWDM.exe /Q:A /R:Nvbs56nda.exe /Q:A /R:Nqchain.exe

My update folder looks like the sif file. Just not in nummerical order, but I supose that it does'nt matter with files?

I have more than the critical updates in my folder.

Dosnet.inf is here

[Version]signature="$Windows NT$"DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.1106
[Directories]d1 = \I386d2 = \cmpnents\tabletpc\I386d3 = \cmpnents\mediactr\I386d4 = \cmpnents\netfx\I386
[Miscellaneous]ProductType = 0
MinimumMemory = 67108864
DestinationPlatform = i386
ServicePack = 1.0
[unsupportedArchitectures]halcbus.dll   = %cbus2_mp%halcbusm.dll  = %cbusmc_mp%halmca.dll    = %mca_up%halmpsm.dll   = %mps_mca_mp%halncr.dll    = %ncr_mp%missprocfeat  = %missing_proc_feat%
[OptionalSrcDirs]Update

sorry, I don't see what's wrong. but I highly suggest XPCreate for doin the hotfixes. You can add other programs as well, when you get the hang of it. But XPCreate works successfully, and most errors, is because the hotfix was never included.

All the files are in I386\Update?

All named like they are in the SVCPACK.INF?

Maybe

UnattendMode=ProvideDefault

should be

UnattendMode=FullUnattend

but I dunno. I'm sure you had a reason, but couldn't hurt to test.

unless you have a completely seperate PC (like me) then you may want to use VMWare or VirtualPC. Then no burning, and no restartint, and no not doing other stuff ont ehc omputer.

XPCreate : greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/xpreate

I now have a RW disk and I have burned it again.

It looks like that it doesn't get the sif file, because the 1024x768 is also not working.

It's starting up in 800x600

The SP1 is okay, so the slipstreamed part is okay.

The sif file is in my i386 folder, and is made whit Deploy tool.

I put the CD in my laptop.

Start from CD.

delete all partions and format the new partition and install NTSF XP from the CD.

next time I have to do anything is when it ask for set up the time and after this set up XP with user and all that.

restart and Finished.

It's a IBM T40 and the funny thing is, that it can't find a driver for my ethernet card.

I have to put this in after the inst.

When I get the sif file to work, I will put the driver on the CD.

My sif file is here:

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=1    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"    OemSkipEula=Yes
[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    OemPreinstall=No    TargetPath=\WINDOWS    OemSkipEula=Yes
[GuiUnattended]    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    AdminPassword=*    TimeZone=105    OemSkipWelcome=1
[userData]    ProductKey=secret :-)    FullName="Navn"    OrgName=""    ComputerName=Minpc
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=45    Dialing=Tone
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\hotfixes.cmd
[Display]    Xresolution=1024    YResolution=768
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=2,1    Language=00000406
[branding]    BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes
[url]    Home_Page=www.wa.dk    Search_Page=www.google.com
[Proxy]    Proxy_Enable=0    Use_Same_Proxy=0

Of course... :-)

But it should not have anything to do with my problem about installing hotfixes, that the driver is missing?

I now have the xpcreate.

Where do I check this:

"NTFS file system with 8.3 File Name Creation enabled. "

And is there a better guide than this. I don't understand what to do..

I do understand to edit xpcreate.ini, put my XP CD in D drive and my RW disk in E drive.

but how do the xpcreate get hotfixes and SP1??

So it seems to be 4 and 5 I don't understand.

maybe because it's in english and I'm danish :-))

Thanks

Carsten

2. Extract the contents of the downloaded XPCREATE.ZIP file to a new directory of your choice.

3. Edit the XPCREATE.INI file to reflect your system parameters. This may be edited in Notepad, or any text editor. Instructions may be found inside the file.

4. Refer to the Adding Hotfixes and Current Hotfixes pages to populate the SVC* and SPACKS directories.

5. Add your User specific files and directory structure, such as $OEM$, $OEM$\$$, $OEM$\$1\DRIVERS, $OEM$\I386\WINNIT.SIF and $OEM$\CMDLINES.TXT to the FILESCD directory, to be merged with the distribution files at CD Creation.

6. Place your original Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM drive. If you have a separate CD burner, you can also place a blank CD into it now as well.

7. Start XPCREATE by double-clicking XPCREATE.CMD in the directory you extracted it to previously.

8. XPCREATE will then merge, mix and mash all the files, and create an ISO file of the CD image. If a CD-R is in the CD burner, XPCREATE will attempt to burn the ISO image to CD.

basically.....

Go to the "Addiging Hotfixes and Current Hotfixes" page. Look for the XP section, and then go to the Microsoft website, and then download the hotfixes.

Just ignore number 5 for now. Till you have a working one without adding anything, it just complicates things.

I can now confirm that I am stupid :-)

My problem all the time is taht i have burned the wrong i386 folder.

I have been used another guide before MSFN, and have made some folders there.

So I will try again....

Thank you for your help...

Later this day:

Now it's working with some small problems.

New tread about this new problems :-)