Hotfixes didnt install

GrimSage

Baliktad wrote a posting about merging the two MSJVM to come up with an installer. Search for a topic started by him. Must be over a few months old by now. Once you create that package, it shold be able to go into SVC-PRE, assuming you build it correctly with IEXpress.

I have some that windows update still sees but are on the CD and in teh right places

KB835732

KB833407

KB826939

Not sure what is going on or why...

did you happen to use any type of "removing of components" program?

Hope I don't have to put more spies in the program to insure Source Integrity ... I don't mess with the source: I copy it from CD to HDD, and use it as is from there. I understand certain peoples desire to "have it thier way". However ... getting everything just right with a given set of files is a job in itself. Getting everything just write with an unknown set of files is a task I care not undertake, thus my reluctancy to even look at errors unless I am sure of the source code integrity. So please, if someone decides to muddle about with the source code, state that up front. I may, or may not, be able to help, but I will not be a happy camper if I have to discover it on my own ...

Well I have but the source for xpcreate is complete. (And when using them in connection with XP create It is best to make the source smaller then use XPCreate. Otherwise I have found that the reducing programs will remove stuff XPCreate Does.)

I think what happened was that I didnt use the svcpack option.

I am still having problems with the msjavwu.exe It does nto seem to want to install. ANd I actually use this because the version of XP I have is from DELL.

I get an error also. never thought much of it but I get a file not found error after it does the msjavwu.exe

I dont know what file it is missing or anything. I still get a few errors with some others though. One is my version is newer...(wmp.dll, 9.0.0.3128 > 9.0.0.3008)not worried about that one....

THen I get some cannot confirms

THe JavaVM one is the one that I would like to fix but cant get to work...

Well regarding:

I get an error also. never thought much of it but I get a file not found error after it does the msjavwu.exe
I would take a look at the link found on this post regarding Microsoft Java Machine:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=122131

The link in this post will tell you the process of how to create a new package of it which works very nicely when placed in SVC-PRE folder :rolleyes:

I'll post my full directory of the folders & files later but it has worked like a treat :D Just haven't got MDAC 2.8 in there for some reason now I think of it. But its still great hehe

Edit: Thats because I didn't add it. I was following the current hotfixes list to the letter (well, nearly hehe) but there is no entries in the DAS folder - this is where the mdac_typ.exe goes right GM?

GM's "what goes where" page of the website says:

SVC-DAS:  DA Setup files should be placed here. This currently includes the MDAC 2.8 update.

but the current hotfixes says:

SVC-DAS

Quick change there GM? :)

Regards,

N.

@GrimSage: If you see a "File not found" error on the screen, I would like a past of the screen text, as well as the log files. Though this should not be a "hard" error, I would like to see why it does not find something that it expects to be there.

I looks like you are using MBSA to determine the installation results. You are fine: it cannot verify three hotfixes, and there is a WMP update that is "greater" than the minimum required.

I also use MSJVM, and there is no reason it should not install, except that possibly your DELL XP source is "funky" ... You could try the Baliktad combination of Distribution and Update. It is listed in one of the other threads near the top of the forum.

@it_ybd: The reason MDAC 2.8 is not there, is that it also requires a hotfix, and I was unable to install 2.8 and update it in the same go. I suppose you could install it, and do the update from GuiRunOnce. I suppose ...

The link to the post is above your post here GM :rolleyes:

But here is the direct link:

http://corob.net/msjava/

Worked a treat for me - GrimSage, I'd use this too if I were you too :)

(Remember to place it in the PRE folder, providing everything is correct)

@it_ybd: The reason MDAC 2.8 is not there, is that it also requires a hotfix, and I was unable to install 2.8 and update it in the same go. I suppose you could install it, and do the update from GuiRunOnce. I suppose ...

This too, is what I thought.

Would there be a way of unpacking the MDAC 2.8 TYP (like in your IExpress tutorial on your site) but adding the files from the hotfix into it?

Surely this way would create the package with the update included although then windows update might not detect it properly (tho our good friend MBSA might).

Maybe this is for a different topic...

Regards,

Nathan