Are my hotfixes being installed?

Hi,

I am not sure of the method name that I use to install the hotfixes, but simply put... I just install each hotfix seperatly (no slipstream).

ECHO Installing Rollup Update 1start /wait %systemdrive%\Installs\Hotfixes\RU1\KB826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z
ECHO.ECHO Installing SP2 HotfixesECHO Installing Type 1 Hotfixesfor %%i in (%systemdrive%\Installs\Hotfixes\Type1\*.exe) do start /wait %%i /Q /O /N /ZECHO Installing Type 2 Hotfixesfor %%i in (%systemdrive%\Installs\Hotfixes\Type2\*.exe) do start /wait %%i /q:a /r:n

But, the Rollup Update and KB835732 aren't reconized as being installed.

Is it that it is installed correctly, but windows update is just dumb? Is there a program to verify if the hotfixes have been installed correctly?

Any ideas

Thanks

Philip

check the log file and see if they had an error...

after you have run all the updates, execute QCHAIN to verify correct updating

personally i like to execute the hotfixes in order through svcpack.inf... but i know the method you are using works because most people use that batch file to install their hotfixes... check the logs...

typically WU is really dumb. If there is acomponent missing that's part of an update, WU will say the update is not installed.

search for a program called....

qfecheck.exe

i think that's it.

it check certain Registry keys for whether the correct information is there. I forget if it does anything else.

Not very effective to be honest, but it's the only one I could think of at the time. :)