Intel Centrino vs Wireless

"The Centrino family will also include chipsets, which handle data inside a PC, and wireless radio modules designed to allow new notebooks to use 802.11 wireless networking. "

It's a great chip for Notebooks. It uses less power and it has built in Wireless capability. All in one, it's great. U get a lot more usage and power than u would with a regular Pentium chip in a notebook. The laptop I got my boss has the chip and whenever he goes into let's say Starbucks and t hey have wireless internet, he hops right on it. No need for a wireless card. U get one more open slot for another card and u get more power... it's nice.

:)

well i've an integrated wireless card on my dell insipiron 8200 laptop, its not in any slot. and when i go to starbucks, heh i don't but whenever i'm in the wireless range i can connect.

so u're saying its just they designed a motherboard with wireless card on board right? i mean a module inside the cpu? so the module will be there even if they don't have wireless card, bc i mean cpu is not acting as wireless card :rolleyes:

which handle data inside a PC

arrm hmm yea? i think that's what the computer's for :)

so other than low power usage low cache, not much use on anything else I believe?

That qoute was from an article, so don't think I'm a dumbass lol.

"so u're saying its just they designed a motherboard with wireless card on board right? i mean a module inside the cpu? so the module will be there even if they don't have wireless card, bc i mean cpu is not acting as wireless card"

Yes this is correct.... It's just a processor for notebooks, to make them more efficient and more usable because the previous chips used up too much power, thus the short batt. life.