Posted (edited)

On 5/4/2024 at 8:24 AM, ClassicNick said:

I'm also sitting on a local build of Firefox 38.8.0esr that works on Visual C++ 2010

it will nice if you can upload the source

On 5/3/2024 at 9:39 PM, roytam1 said:

tried to build with VC2010, it builds, but I can't get it work like official 35.0.1.

alright, building 35.0.1 with VC2010 works.

with VC11, a strncmp CMOV removal patch is needed for running in non-CMOV capable processors. (like what I did to VC12 dll)

BTW, ported NSS 3.42 Beta works.

9c3UG6I.png

and even works on a 486:

B1oGhky.png

Edited by roytam1

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

trying to port NSS 3.42 Beta to VC2005, it builds but seems not working.

And I tried to port Firefox 3.0.19 to Visual C++ 5.0 SP3 with the Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK, and failed because of browser/app/Makefile.in using wmain, which as is, Visual C++ 5.0 SP3 sees as an unresolved external. I also couldn't figure out how to make Visual C++ 5.0 SP3 accept Mozilla's places implementation, so I tried to use Mozilla's browser/bookmarks, and history code without success because it broke most browser functionality, such as typing URLs. More recently, I'm starting to try porting Mozilla bug 317375 to RetroZilla.

This will derail the thread, but my Dell Inspiron 600M has a broken EIDE adapter, so I can't boot from an internal hard drive. I can theoretically boot from a USB storage device, but the only success I've had with that is configuring a flash drive to work as a bootable startup disk, and installing Windows 95. The problem with that is none of the hardware drivers work with Windows 95, the oldest OS it will work with is Windows 98 (possibly 98 SE). The default operating systems were Windows 2000 or XP. The computer could also run Windows Vista or 7, but I rather not try to do that. For my use case, the best operating system to use is Windows 2000, with XP being a close 2nd. My task presently is getting either Windows 2000 or XP booting from a USB storage device.

23 hours ago, roytam1 said:

trying to port NSS 3.42 Beta to VC2005, it builds but seems not working.

with more fixes, it works. after porting/restoring something for RNG, it even works in Neptune!

40lQWc4.png