Can nLite v1.4.9.3 run on Windows 7?

computerdude92

Is it fully functional and without bugs? I want to use it on both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 to make my custom XP install discs.

I'm asking this because the description on the download page only mentions Windows XP and Server 2003 for it to run on.

Edited by computerdude92

The only restriction is that it CANNOT successfully integrate a service pack for XP when running on a Windows 7 host, it has to be running on a NT 5.x (2K-XP-2003) host in order to do that.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm... That is a real dealbreaker. I primarily use nLite to add service packs and sometimes drivers to my vanilla XP disc. Thanks for the warning. I'm so glad I asked. I'll stick to using the software on XP.

Edited by computerdude92

Posted (edited)

Are the latest released nLite versions unable to be used for making custom XP discs? Do they only work with later Windows versions like 7 and 10?

Edited by computerdude92

I take it that you are referring to NTlite and not nLite ?

Then the answer is yes, nLite is for the NT 5.x (2K-XP-2003) series and NTlite is for NT 6+ (Vista onwards) but I personally have only ran it on a Windows 10 host in order to create a fully updated Windows 7 install disc.